Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Post office does it again

Post office does it again

So my package arrives yesterday at the Phoenix annex whis is about 44 mile south of my house so I'm expecting it to be here today , so I check tracking and they sent it 115 miles south to another PO.Tlak about wasted time and money. and from what I read its gonna get worse .
    If the Help and advice you received here was of any VALUE to you PLEASE! Become a Contributor
    Rabbit RL_XX_6040-60 watt Laser engraving/cutting machine Oh wait its a 3D Printer my bad LOL
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    8" bench mount 5 speed Drill Press
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander

I ordered a package on Sunday night and the shipping co. shipped it two days before on Friday. That's what the tracking said.
    "Remember back in the day, when things were made by hand, and people took pride in their work?"
    - Rick Dale

Often, I have packages in hand that tracking shows USPS doesn't have them yet. Most that are tracked are arriving a couple days BEFORE expected delivery date

Hey, it's not just USPS that has bad days. I was supposed to get a package today and tracking says FedEx sent it NE instead of the correct SW. (For locals, from Stockton to Roseville, instead of to San Jose.) I'm convinced these things happen because something gets tossed into the wrong bin or the bin gets put on the wrong truck. They always figure it out and I get it eventually.

Yea but the mistakes and late deliveries and lost packages are happening way to often
    If the Help and advice you received here was of any VALUE to you PLEASE! Become a Contributor
    Rabbit RL_XX_6040-60 watt Laser engraving/cutting machine Oh wait its a 3D Printer my bad LOL
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander

Blog Entries
    I sent one of my original artworks to my niece and it has been stuck in San Juan for over a week now. Someone sent me a photo, which I didn’t save or I would share it, if the San Juan sort facility backup. Boxes on the tarmac covered in tarps. I really hope my drawing isn’t lost. I liked this one so much I kind of didn’t want to let go of it.

D6953E73-492A-4E19-8E81-2CF635D5426C.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Malcolm Schweizer View Post
    I liked this one so much I kind of didn’t want to let go of it.

Kandinsky was much the same.

Kudos

Quote Originally Posted by Malcolm Schweizer View Post
    I sent one of my original artworks to my niece and it has been stuck in San Juan for over a week now. Someone sent me a photo, which I didn’t save or I would share it, if the San Juan sort facility backup. Boxes on the tarmac covered in tarps. I really hope my drawing isn’t lost. I liked this one so much I kind of didn’t want to let go of it.

Gorgeous painting!

Blog Entries
    Thanks! Prismacolor on black paper. Guess what- it shows out for delivery just now!!!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bert Kemp View Post
    Yea but the mistakes and late deliveries and lost packages are happening way to often
    The upswing in poor and failed service is something new in my experience. I was always amazed that the USPS could do what they do for the price. Running it must be more of an art than a science. There are some organizations that do not benefit as we might expect with a businessman at the helm. These operations require a different set of skills. Could you see a successful CEO as a high ranking military officer? Overseeing a bleeding-edge medical research center? Leading a successful art colony?
    "A hen is only an egg's way of making another egg".

– Samuel Butler

Mine shows its back in Phoenix this morning, wonder where its going next
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander

When they got too lazy to put up the wanted posters ,I knew we were in trouble. They told me their interior decorator wanted a “new look”

USPS isn’t the only one.
    Canada Post can also take forever.
    And while we’re talking, I ordered the balancing shims from the turner’s supply company recommended by posters here. They took 3 weeks to get to me, only 2 days of which was in customs clearance and delivery.
    Young enough to remember doing it;
    Old enough to wish I could do it again.

Quote Originally Posted by Mel Fulks View Post
    When they got too lazy to put up the wanted posters ,I knew we were in trouble. They told me their interior decorator wanted a “new look”

Yeah, don't you miss my smiling face every time you go into post office?

Blog Entries
    Our postal service leaves a lot to be desired, they have slipped in recent years.