Thread: Photos problem

Photos problem

I’m trying to post a project and when I try to add photos it all goes to just frustrate me to the point of why bother at all. So this is what I did. Off site I typed what I wanted to say leaving spaces where I wanted a picture to be. I cut and pasted the text into a new thread box, put the curser in a blank space. I then go to manage attachments I think it is that get me to my photo album, I choose a pic and it then migrates down to the lower left corner. I click upload and it goes right where it is supposed to. I then repeat the process for the next pic but when it opens the window for me to choose a photo from my album it says there are no photos.
    What am I doing wrong? If I can’t post more than one pic at a time I don’t I will be able to add anything new to this site. I work only from an iPad but I know I’m not the only one. Any help?
    Ancora Yacht Service

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Ritter View Post
    I’m trying to post a project and when I try to add photos it all goes to just frustrate me to the point of why bother at all. So this is what I did. Off site I typed what I wanted to say leaving spaces where I wanted a picture to be. I cut and pasted the text into a new thread box, put the curser in a blank space. I then go to manage attachments I think it is that get me to my photo album, I choose a pic and it then migrates down to the lower left corner. I click upload and it goes right where it is supposed to. I then repeat the process for the next pic but when it opens the window for me to choose a photo from my album it says there are no photos.
    What am I doing wrong? If I can’t post more than one pic at a time I don’t I will be able to add anything new to this site. I work only from an iPad but I know I’m not the only one. Any help?
    Jim, I don't quite follow but I never use "manage attachments" except to delete when necessary.

For an image file that resides on my computer: To insert it where I want one in the message, such as here...

post_photos.jpg

...I click the "Insert Image" icon as shown in the image I just inserted. I can post up to eight photos that will show up as thumbnails exactly where my cursor is, for example, a couple of thumbnails, click to enlarge.

blackwood_box_IMG_8158.jpg acrylic_ornament_green_bell.jpg

If I want to insert a full sized photo instead of a thumbnail, I use a different method. Create a album and upload the photo to the album. Click on the photo and select and copy the text in the lower right box, the BB code. Paste this text into the message where needed. For example, I did that to display this image full sized.

This displays full-size since it's using a web reference to the image instead of uploading it just for the current message. With this method it's easier to use two browser windows open to SMC, one to the message and the other to the album. If any of this doesn't make sense or if it doesn't do what you want, please let me know and I'll try harder!

JKJ
    Last edited by John K Jordan; 05-01-2021 at 4:24 PM.

Test with iPad...

Try with my iPad, same two methods. Thumbnail:

888DD7F2-494A-4704-AC43-13BBEFF6B584.jpeg

Full size:

It’s easier with the computer but the works OK with the iPad. Note, I’m using the Full version of the UI, not the more limited Mobile version. Safari, iPad Air 2.

JKJ
    Last edited by John K Jordan; 05-01-2021 at 4:36 PM.

Thank you so much. I’ll give that a try later. I’ll report back here if I can pull it off.
    Jim
    Ancora Yacht Service

B1955950-0D7E-4223-96B3-E559F480BE53.jpg

C4C87B62-33F4-4021-8043-5E7CA7A0A566.jpg

ED6584FF-482A-4956-BAF6-6AF4FAC4BD9E.jpg

Ok thanks, I was never able to get three before so I’ll post and see what happens.
    Jim
    Ancora Yacht Service

Thanks again for your help. I’ll try the post I was going to do maybe later tonight.
    Jim
    Ancora Yacht Service