Thread: Powermatic delays

Powermatic delays

Hi,
    just feel like a rant. Ordered powermatic 54HH 100 year anniversary mid March. The estimated ship date keeps getting pushed out! Now mid May, but I have a feeling it will be longer! Damn COVID!!

Quote Originally Posted by Neil Selzer View Post
    Hi,
    just feel like a rant. Ordered powermatic 54HH 100 year anniversary mid March. The estimated ship date keeps getting pushed out! Now mid May, but I have a feeling it will be longer! Damn COVID!!
    Welcome to the new normal. Every manufacturer is in the same boat.

Erik
    Ex-SCM and Felder rep

Here's some hope, they pushed my 15HH order out to June then it arrived yesterday. Stuff is beginning to move, my SawStop 5HP ICS arrives tomorrow.

I ordered my Grizzly in late December and got it in early March. I felt pretty lucky considering some people that ordered soon after had estimates for the late summer.

Figured it made me appreciate it a bit more in a world of quick gratification.

UPDATE: I ran over to our local Woodcrafters store this morning. They have piles of Powermatic and Laguna machines in stock. Both the 15HH and 15HH 100th were on display plus crates more of them. In another isle was a huge pile of Bessey clamps being unpacked. An entire shelf of SawStop accessories and SawStop PCS/Contractor saws were numerous. Compared to 4 weeks ago they look well stocked now.

Not sure where you are located (or if you even have room) but there's an ad on Craig's list near Albany NY for a 3 year old PJ882 with a Byrd head. It's slightly more than a new 54HH but it's wider, longer, and has the parallelogram, not dovetail) bed adjustments. It's the jointer I have and I've been very satisfied with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex Zeller View Post
    Not sure where you are located (or if you even have room) but there's an ad on Craig's list near Albany NY for a 3 year old PJ882 with a Byrd head. It's slightly more than a new 54HH but it's wider, longer, and has the parallelogram, not dovetail) bed adjustments. It's the jointer I have and I've been very satisfied with it.
    I lived outside of Albany, NY 20 years ago now I'm 2800 miles away. Wonder how its priced, used prices here are insane.

$2000. More than 50% but if it's in the shape the seller says it's still a good deal vs waiting for a boat to show up from Taiwan.

Just received shipping confirmation from Acme tools! Should be delivered on Wednesday! 🤔😊

My Woodpecker's parallel guides said July something or other.
    They showed as in stock when I ordered them a few weeks ago.

Everything right now is in short supply.
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." - John Lennon