Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anyone Have Two Shop Vacs? What about the Fein Turbo I?

My Fein Turbo I works fine with a Clear Vue CV06 Mini cyclone. Any cyclone addition will drop the suction power somewhat, but I still get plenty of suction with great dust separation.

I have a bunch. Mainly just use 2 ct26 for small tools and miter saw in the garage with a cyclone. and in my basement i have a rigid with a cyclone for night time sanding. (My daughters bedroom is above my garage). I also ran some 2" pvc to the finished part of basement to my reloading press. When im trimming brass it the trimmer is very loud so i dont need the shopvac screaming at me too. I dont know how bad it is for the ridgid to be bushed down to the festool size but i do it anyway. the rigids are very inexpensive compared to the Fein/Mirka/Festool

I have and still use the Fein Turbo 1 that I bought several months ago. I use it only for my sanding station and swap the connections between my Festool RO125, a 6” Porter Cable direct drive sander, a Bosch finish sander and a 3x4 Surf Prep pneumatic sander. I love this thing and will soon add a cyclone once I get my overhead stand assembled which is where the Turbo 1 will reside.

I wanted a Festool for using their boom arm and easy setup dust deputy that you can get specifically for their vacs. The issue I had that made me decide against the Festool was price. The CT MIDI, the CTMini and the CT15 will not attach to the boom arm nor will they work with the Dust Deputy that was designed for the CT’s. The CT26 is the cheapest model that will work with the boom arm and Festool specific Dust Deputy.

With the boom arm being $450 and the DD being $325+ plus the cost of the CT26 being $600-$700+ I decided that I could spend significantly less and get similar vac performance with the Turbo 1 and a DIY boom arm and a DIY dust deputy. So that is the route I went. I don’t need the auto start feature as I have no issue with turning the vac on and off manually. I saved even more money by buying my Turbo 1 used. It did not come with a hose so I bought a $35 hose on Amazon and it has two different rubber boots that will hook up to any of my sanders with ease. Very happy with my Turbo 1.

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis McDonaugh View Post
    Thanks, what capacity is your vac?
    The benefit of the Dust Deputy or similar is that the capacity of the vac is pretty much irrelevant. The vast majority of material vacuumed up ends in the Dust Deputy's container, not the vac.

I have two Rigid shop vacs plus a Ryobi cordless. I have one with a very small dust capacity in the shop hooked to a dust deputy and sucking through a Bosch 5 meter hose on my domino XL, sanders, and track saw. Occasionally it gets a long 2.5 inch hose on it for cleanup. Both Rigids have their "hepa quality" filter which I agree is not the same thing as a hepa vacuum. The vacuum with the dust deputy also has an auto on switch that is big enough for the track saw. The built in auto on function is sometimes pretty limited in capacity - might be something to check.

The other shop vac is what I use outside the shop and also has a hepa quality filter.

Both are noisy and work well.

I have a Festool CT26 that I have used for years for the track saw and all other handheld power tools and the oscillating sander with some fittings from Rockler. I also have a shop vac 6.5 hp and a rigid 6.5 hp that I never used because the supplied hoses were not very flexible. I recently replaced the hoses on those and put one next to the bandsaw and the second next to the router table and have been using for general cleanup. Couldn’t be happier, and wondering how I ever got along with just the CT26

I am on my second Fein Turbo II. First one lasted about 15-17 years. Liked it so much, bought another one, love the long hoses. That one is going on about 10 years now. I use with a dust deputy and bags in the Fein (that only fill up if I don't empty the 5 gallon bucket soon enough). I use the bags because they filter better than the felt bag it comes with. Randy PS I also have a central dust control system. Just a hobbyist.
    Randy Cox
    Lt Colonel, USAF (ret.)

We have 6 or 7 Ridgid 12 gal 6 HP.
    Home Depot used to have them on sale for about $20 on Black Friday.
    That included a spare filter.
    Since filters were about $10 - we bought two filters & got a free shop vac.

We've managed to use all of them - at various job sites - - @ home and - - in the rentals we own.
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." - John Lennon

I have had 2 Fein vacs hooked up to my CNC for hold down not for dust in fact the one has never had any dust in it. When I run both at the same time I can still carry on a conversation.