Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Minimum gauge for DC ducting?

Quote Originally Posted by David LaRue View Post
    I need to get some snap lock for my new shop. Where are you sourcing 26GA pipe and long radius elbows, and blast gates? Can you get the 26GA at a HVAC supplier, and the other items online? If so recommendations. I have a 2HP Oneida (the classic white one from a few years back ~2002)
    26 gage snap-lock should be readily available...sometimes it's called "stove pipe". Local HVAC suppliers should carry or be able to provide it. For the long radius stuff, you'll likely need to reach out farther to companies like Oneida, Blastgate, Air Handling Systems, etc.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Becker View Post
    26 gage snap-lock should be readily available...sometimes it's called "stove pipe".
    I always took stove pipe to be black or multiple wall pipe able to withstand heat. Not galvanized. But maybe that is just me...
    NOW you tell me...

Quote Originally Posted by Ole Anderson View Post
    I always took stove pipe to be black or multiple wall pipe able to withstand heat. Not galvanized. But maybe that is just me...
    A lot of the modern stuff is double walled and of a specific type/material as specified for the given stove, but "straight, old-fashioned" is just plain metal.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...