Thread: Is my Spindle (CNC) Repairable?

Is my Spindle (CNC) Repairable?

I have a Genmitsu 3018 machine with the original spindle. The spindle shaft has about 1/16” vertical slop. I don’t see a way to tighten it up or otherwise repair it. Am I looking at getting a new spindle? If so if anyone has any suggestions that would be appreciated. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by vince mastrosimone View Post
    I have a Genmitsu 3018 machine with the original spindle. The spindle shaft has about 1/16” vertical slop. I don’t see a way to tighten it up or otherwise repair it. Am I looking at getting a new spindle? If so if anyone has any suggestions that would be appreciated. Thank you.
    Are you talking the spindle/motor on one of those small eBay CNC machines made in China? If your skilled enough you might be able to shim the bearing end. Otherwise a new spindle/motor. Never mind the spindle is smaller than a Dremel tool motor.
    Last edited by Bill George; 04-26-2021 at 7:52 PM.
    Retired Guy- Central Iowa.HVAC/R , Cloudray Galvo Fiber , -Windows 10

Quote Originally Posted by vince mastrosimone View Post
    You could probably pry off the bearing cover and add some shims, or just buy a new motor. This motor is used on many of the small inexpensive Chinese cnc engraver/routers and I would imagine is very inexpensive to replace. I have a small cnc that looks very similar to yours that I purchased on Ebay several years ago. My motor (and 3D printed mount) look exactly like yours.
    David

3018 spindle motor.jpg

https://www.amazon.com/Genmitsu-3018.../dp/B07P6K9BL3
    Last edited by David Buchhauser; 04-26-2021 at 9:45 PM.

I think I’ll try to fix it after I get a new motor. I’ll keep it as a backup.

Looks to be a well built machine.
    Retired Guy- Central Iowa.HVAC/R , Cloudray Galvo Fiber , -Windows 10

Sainsmart sent me a new spindle under warranty.

Thanks for the update. Glad to hear Sainsmart stands behind their machines.
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney