Thread: Jet JC-3 dust collector value

Jet JC-3 dust collector value

Probably used up all my questions for the month today, but...

Since I've been using more machinery, I've been thinking more and more about dust collection. I currently have a little roll around 3/4 hp unit that seems to work okay.

While during my usual browsing of used machinery. I found a post for a jet , jc-3 cyclonic dust collector. Appears to be 3hp, single phase for 250.

Pictures show a pallet of parts, stored outside not in the greatest condition ( some rust here and there and dents and dings) missing the bags, but sellers claims it works and he has the piece's.

Are these good machines and is it a good price for what may be a project if everything Is really there?

Thanks

Sounds like a steal to me.

Thanks Robert
    Like I said the pictures look rough, just don't want to get in over my head type of deal. But I can remove rust and paint real well if the bones are good.

Any ideas what to look out for?

The current new price of that JC-3 is $2000. Maybe you're getting a phenomenal deal. Or maybe the owner knows something expensive is broken/missing.

If the filter has been stored outside in the rain, it may not work. Canister filters come either washable or non-washable. You might price out a replacement filter, and add that to your budget.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamie Buxton View Post
    The current new price of that JC-3 is $2000. Maybe you're getting a phenomenal deal. Or maybe the owner knows something expensive is broken/missing.

If the filter has been stored outside in the rain, it may not work. Canister filters come either washable or non-washable. You might price out a replacement filter, and add that to your budget.
    Thanks Jamie, I thought it was a steal as well once I finally found the jc-3 model's. Seems to good to be a true even for a project.
    I messaged the seller. We'll see where is goes.