I bought a Chicago Pneumatic press at a garage sale for $20 back in the early 1980's, worked fine all these years but run out was measured in inches, not thousands and it drilled beautiful oblong holes the last few years. I think I caused it by using a sanding drum in it too many times before I got a oscillating drum sander. I was looking at drill presses for the last month and I agree they are expensive (and not in stock but that is another story). I liked the Nova but didn't want all those electronics in my shop, I actually didn't want the SawStop because of its electronics, but I love that saw now. I would have purchased the Powermatic at $2k if they had it in stock, I got the Jet 17" because they had it in stock. I have used it quite a bit in last 2 weeks and quite impressed with the stops, pretty easy to set up and didn't move for over a hundred holes I had to drill, my old press I had those bushings you put on the drill bit to stop it because the stops moved. I understand the Nova being so expensive because of the electronics, but I now don't understand the Powermatic being so expensive when this Jet was $800 and seems fine. I have not measured run out but its minor whatever it is, quiet, I actually have grown to like the X laser's. I do wish I could change speeds at the turn of a knob or push of a button like the Nova but I can see this press lasting the rest of my life with no issues. But for me, a drill press is something I have extensive need for a week or 2 per year and the rest of my projects, the drill press sits unused.