Thread: Anyone recognize this miter fence setup?

Anyone recognize this miter fence setup?

At least I think it’s a miter fence setup. Picked it up at an auction because it looked like quality... something. Originally thought it was t-track. And came with a woodpecker story stick for $20 (gloat!).

i thought Woodhaven at first but it’s different than what they show.

Any ideas? Maybe it’s not a miter fence at all, but the biggest extrusion has a measuring tape on it.

thanks
    Attached Images Attached Images

Matt--those extrusions look like 80/20 (company is based in Columbia City, IN--west of Fort Wayne, and right on US 30). The fittings look like something they carry--but i don't know what they are called. You may find them on the 80/20 web site: 80/20 T-slot Aluminum Building System (8020.net)
    Shoot, you done good for $20!!
    earl

My line bore and hinge machines use a fence and stops like that, sort of. Might be off of something other than a saw.

That's a home brew fence.

Earl, I’ve used 80/20 for years so I’m aware of them. This seems to be a well thought out kit, possibly shop made.

Steve, there were no out of the ordinary machines, standard hobby Grizzly stuff and a SawStop. I’ll give it some more attention tomorrow.

The bushings look too big to fit dog holes--but hard to tell from the picture. Shop made or home brew--almost for sure. The bushings look like they might expand a bit when the end screw is tightened, which makes me think they may be there to fit in dog holes--but that would be a pain in the butt to reach under a bench to secure!!
    earl

Yeah, I don’t quite get how they work either. They’re not stop blocks either I don’t think.

Can you tell what type of blade made the marks on the extrusions? The knurled washers seem odd, as I can't see a function for the knurling. Also, the green things look like pointers in the photos, are they? Either the maker had a mill available, or it probably isn't home brew as I doubt you can purchase the flatted cylinders.

Whatever it’s for that’s a great haul for $20! I’ve been wanting to get ahold of some 80/20 for a couple projects.