Thread: Wtb - LN 49

Wtb - LN 49

I am looking to buy a Lie Nielsen 49 (1/2").

Would like to find one in good or better shape.

Please dig around, check the back of the drawer, call a buddy, look under the couch. I have a project at a standstill until I find one.

I fully understand the current pricing environment.

Much thanks.
    "The cure for anything is saltwater....sweat, tears or the sea." Isak Dinesen

Blog Entries
    I fully understand the current pricing environment.
    Dang, my suggestion was to try and find an old Stanley #49.

Seems the auction site only has one listed. At four days out it looks to be in a bidding war.

In rough times people have to accept rough solutions. Any chance you could do this job with a Stanley #45 (or equivalent) using the small match blade?

jtk
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)

The problem with plough plane, etc. is finding blades.

i keep hoping somebody, somewhere, has one sitting in a drawer or hanging in a cabinet they will decide to part with. Box or no box, I have cash in hand.

If you are on Patrick Leach's email list he has the 49's pretty regularly I think. I got a 48 from him a few months ago.

Thanks. I'm on his list. I have a Stanley enroute. I am still looking for a LN.

Still seeking a LN 49......

Almost a month later and still looking. Hope springs eternal, I'll ask one more time.

Quote Originally Posted by Victor Edwards View Post
    The problem with plough plane, etc. is finding blades.

i keep hoping somebody, somewhere, has one sitting in a drawer or hanging in a cabinet they will decide to part with. Box or no box, I have cash in hand.
    doesn't Lee Valley have current blades for their plow plane? (both for groove and tongue?)

Out of stock until Aug 6th. Still looking for a LN 49 (1/2"). I keep hoping that somebody, somewhere, has one. I have cash in hand and I am a very motivated buyer.