I had the opportunity to pick a small collection of old hand planes and other various tools yesterday. The seller is a general contractor in his 70s who just picked these tools up as he came across them over his career. Decided he wants to downsize a bit. Lucky me. :0) I found some really nice keepers. Keen Kutter K7 jointer plane, Stanley 45 combo plane, Stanley No 0 & No 104 Sweetheart era cherry wood levels, 5 boxes of Stanley combo plane cutters plus one empty box, an early Stanley No 79 side rabbet plane (minus the fence), Stanley No 5-½ plane (Type 11, later lever cap), Stanley Bedrock 605-½ (Type 3), early Stanley No 71 router plane (Type 4), Stanley No 93 1" rabbet plane, Sargent 8" bevel gauge w/ Pat Oct 29 07, Bedrock 603 (Type 6), Bailey No 3 (Type 9), Bailey No 4 (Type 9), Miller Falls No 07B skew plane, Stanley No 64 spokeshave and an unknown model Bailey spokeshave (with a 1858 date?). Both spokeshaves have Sweetheart irons. In the box are parts for the combo plane plus a Stanley Rule & Level Co handbook for their combination planes (1975 reprint), box of Stanley 1-5/8" block plane irons a spare 1-3/8" block plane iron. The seller threw in free a brass No 1 Odd Jobs tool (think it's a remake, Garrett Wade?) and the Miller Falls No 07 skew plane. Not a bad day. Both of the Bedrock planes and the No 4 have been broken down and the rusty parts are soaking in Evaporust.

This is my first Keen Kutter tool. It appears these may have been made by Stanley based on their Bedrock line of planes. Can someone verify that? Also, I'm wondering if the unmarked lever cap would be original or if there was a Keen Kutter marked cap?

Any details on the Bailey spokeshave would be appreciated. I can definitely make out "58" on the underside of the left handle and "Bailey" on the underside of the right handle. There also appears to be more stampings but I cannot read them. Sorry I don't have individual pics of the spokeshaves and the irons are in Evaporust at the moment.

In the last two weeks I've now picked up my first two Miller Falls planes. Excited to have a skew plane. Any info on these planes would be appreciated as well.

I suspect the combination plane cutters maybe for a No 55 but I need to investigate. Okay, looks like almost complete boxes 1, 2 and 4 for a No 55. I guess the empty box I bought would have been box # for a No 55. Not sure about the two narrower boxes but they seem to have the same slot as the No 55 cutters. Anyone recognize these two boxes of cutters? Maybe some optional cutters that Stanley sold?

IMG_1982.jpgIMG_1985.jpgIMG_2009.jpgIMG_2008.jpgIMG_1995.jpgIMG_2003.jpgIMG_2004.jpg