Thread: Ingenuity flies.

Ingenuity flies.

The little chopper successfully completed its first test flight on Mars today after NASA completed a software modification. Not at all cognizant of the intelligence, engineering and planning it takes to achieve something like that. Jeez.
    My three favorite things are the Oxford comma, irony and missed opportunities

The problem with humanity is: we have paleolithic emotions; medieval institutions; and God-like technology. Edward O. Wilson

probably something to do with x = 0 and -2

(sorry, couldn't resist)
    ========================================
    ELEVEN - rotary cutter tool machines
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    THREE- make that FOUR now - fiber lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter
    CASmate, Corel, Gravostyle

I just read that there is a fragment of cloth from the Wright brothers flyer onboard Ingenuity. 118 years from first heavier than air flight to first flight on another world.
    My three favorite things are the Oxford comma, irony and missed opportunities

The problem with humanity is: we have paleolithic emotions; medieval institutions; and God-like technology. Edward O. Wilson

This is one of the coolest things to happen, in my lifetime. Instead of leading with this, most of my news feeds show me the latest Lardassian buying groceries.

Blog Entries
    Candy is usually watching something something on her iPad while my news programs are on. My viewing is done with headphones.

When this story came on, the program was paused and she was alerted that there was something she might want to see.

She was wiping tears from her eyes after watching the story. She is and her father was very much into space travel and science fiction.

jtk
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Matthews View Post
    This is one of the coolest things to happen, in my lifetime. Instead of leading with this, most of my news feeds show me the latest Lardassian buying groceries.
    Its easy to scroll past all the celebrity gossip. It’s harder when it’s tv coverage. I’m just beginning to re-bond with the olympics. They lost me when they cut away brim the biathlon finals to cover the women’s ice dancers entering the bus to go to the practice venue. Now they have loads of coverage over many channels. Same with this. We have the nasa channel which I keep an eye on.