A customer contacted me and wanted a 4.5 foot x 2 foot whole hog cutting board that was 2 inches thick with the main body being mostly made up of solid pieces. When I asked she said he does competition cookouts and they usually try to average between 60 and 70 pound hog. I was able to get a 2 inch slab of Sapello that I can cut in half to get the length and will be using hickory and walnut as a middle stripe that she asked for. With a cutting board of this size I worry about glue being enough. Since I don’t have Access to a domino tool I am torn between using large dowel rods in the center or finding someway to put a piece of stainless steel all thread in several places and using plugs to cover the ends. I do have a biscuit joiner but I don’t know if this would really add any strength in the way I’m looking for it would be great for lining up the boards but I’m not sure it will add that much strength to keep the boards together. Has anyone ever done this type of board or do you have any recommendations.