Thread: Surface cleaning moldy wood

Surface cleaning moldy wood

I have this barrel top that I'd like to clean up for a project. Wood guy that I got it from said to just use water and a wire brush but I'd like to take better care of it than that. The white specs aren't actually there; picture anomaly or something. What kind of cleaner would go well with a nylon brush to clean things up here?
    IMG-0383.jpg
    Last edited by brad hays; 04-17-2021 at 3:21 AM.
    If the end of the world ever comes move to Kentucky, because everything there happens 20 years later. ~ Mark Twain
    History began on July 4, 1776. Everything before that was a mistake. ~ Ron Swanson
    The economy of what you say lends more to it's meaning than the depth of it's exclamation.
    If you need a tool and don't get it, you paid for not having it and you still don't have it.

Mix your own cleaner
    1 gallon of water.
    1/3 cup of TSP
    1/4 cup of Clorox

Brush it on - let it sit 15 minutes - rinse it off - repeat as desired.
    Mild scrubbing may also be used - again - as desired to keep the appearance even.

That should stop further development and clean the surface - and - leave the "patina" - while not ding any damage to the wood.
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." - John Lennon

Oxiclean will get rid of the mildew and clean the rest of it.
    WoodsShop

Wet and Forget the mold, algae, moss obliterator of all things black and green here in the pacific NW rain forest. They also make an indoor Wet and Forget for showers now. But it takes time this is not a quick approach.