Thread: Another thread for equipment moving

Another thread for equipment moving

Finally I moved all equipment except Cf 531 machine. And planning to load machine today to my trailer, but I cannot lift it with my narrow pallet jack without heavy tilting to one side very heavily . If I position jack one leg under saw and another under planer - it tilting saw side, and with both leg under the saw unit, planer side not lifting much. I afraid to overturn machine during moving it over grass area with some slope on it.
    What would you recommend. I know best way is to find heavy movers. Do you know anybody, you can recommend in NOVA area?
    Any other suggestions?
    It is already take me to long to move my shop, it is only 200 miles, but working regular hours not really helpful (

Thank you, Ed.

I’d buy a wider pallet jack. Or bolt it to wide skids and use pipes.

I’d suggest renting a set of rol-a-lifts. You strap them to opposite sides of the machine and you should be able to better balance the machine than on a pallet jack.

07464EE9-994A-4782-8A4D-9CD72826993A.jpeg
    you might have to build a bit of a frame or use blocking to properly position the lifts. They are really designed to lift rectangular things like crates or safes.

Tim

Just go rent a skidsteer, forklift, telehandler, or whatever the local rental place has and load it correctly.

Steve, I did rent long reach forklift when I got this machine many moons before and unload and move machine by myself. Now I have stone garden in front of my shop and can't use it - just no space to drive machine close to opening in the shop.

Tim, I can not use roll-a-rich because widest opening in the shop only 10" wider than machine, plus my enclosed trailer only 3" wider than machine to.
    Last afternoon called one company. THey willing to help for only $600 and sound like they have no experience with moving machine, only residential furniture movers. Unfortunately all other companies closed for weekend.
    If anybody know and recommend riggers in my area - Manassas and NOVA in general, I would appreciate greatly.
    Ed.

Ed, wide skids and pipe sound like the safest most economical method. It’s usually easy to crib up a machine to get skids underneath. If you have to traverse over grass or uneven ground use 3/4” ply as a runway. Wide skids would get you to the trailer then once there and on a stable surface cut the extra width off to fit into the trailer.

Quote Originally Posted by Eduard Nemirovsky View Post
    Steve, I did rent long reach forklift when I got this machine many moons before and unload and move machine by myself. Now I have stone garden in front of my shop and can't use it - just no space to drive machine close to opening in the shop.
    Get a mini skid steer with forks. I use my Toro Dingo to move equipment a lot. It'll drive through a 36" doorway and carry well over 500# with ease. Bobcat, and a lot of others make similar machines. If you need more weight capacity, get a bigger version.

I chain machines often then forks under the chains. Not up on skid steers but remember we lifted and SCM shaper and the rear was bobbing. Think that one was rated about 1,300 lbs. he went back and got a larger one and it was rated for 1,600 lbs from memory.

Next woodwork machine too heavy he used the big farm tractor rated for 5,500 lbs. What is the capacity on the mini skid steer. Cant be very much.

Quote Originally Posted by Warren Lake View Post
    I chain machines often then forks under the chains. Not up on skid steers but remember we lifted and SCM shaper and the rear was bobbing. Think that one was rated about 1,300 lbs. he went back and got a larger one and it was rated for 1,600 lbs from memory.

Next woodwork machine too heavy he used the big farm tractor rated for 5,500 lbs. What is the capacity on the mini skid steer. Cant be very much.
    Depending on model, Dingos are rated from 500 to 2000 pounds. The other brands have similar ranges.

Dingo will work for my space, but can not find any place in the area to rent one.
    Ed.

Here's an option. I'm sure they have forks available. I don't know if pickup and delivery are additional charges or not. Worth checking on. High enough weight capacity to handle your machine. Which if I read correctly is about 1700 lbs.

https://www.unitedrentals.com/market...700-1899-lbs#/

I'm likely totally misunderstanding, but if you have it on a a pallet and can't get it to lift evenly, is it possible to get a couple of those 4 caster furniture dollies and put that on the uneven side? You could block it up to make it even with the pallet and then roll the whole thing using your current pallet jack.