Thread: Anyone seen John K. Jordan?

Anyone seen John K. Jordan?

Just wondering, he was such a prolific poster here. Always read his comments. Haven't noticed any posts from him lately, any news?

He's made 16 posts in the last 10 days. Not as prolific as usual perhaps but hardly disappeared!

Glad he's OK. Haven't lurked here as much as I normally do so I missed his posts. Thanks for the info.

Thanks for the stats Roger--when i saw Jon's question i thought maybe i'd been imagining seeing JKJ's posts!! Guess i'm more sane than i thought.
    earl

It's springtime on the farm for John, I'd bet he's quite busy.
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Fitzgerald View Post
    It's springtime on the farm for John, I'd bet he's quite busy.
    You called it! Besides the normal everyday care and feeding of 56 animals I’ve been busy with tilling and planting the garden, clearing brush and dead trees, putting in more raised beds, running the incubators again (15 guinea and peacock eggs started, collected another 32 eggs to start in the morning), tis the season to hunt morel mushrooms, moving a fence, sprayed the pastures for buttercup (and rebuilt the sprayer pump), 9 hrs working on the diesel truck (fixed it!), changing filters and fluids in the tractor and other equipment, mowing season has begun (mow about 3 acres minimum), transplanting blueberry plants, working on a new building and finishing the deck after the cold wet winter, normal spring beehive care, and took down a big cherry tree too close to the llama pasture (anyone want cherry wood?) Now it’s almost llama shearing time!

The closest I’ve gotten to woodturning lately is replacing the bearings in a friend’s lathe. It took a couple of hours and all the tricks I knew to remove an inner bearing race seriously stuck on the spindle.

I do try to read the posts every day but sometimes it’s late.

JKJ

That’s nice and all, John, but what do you do AFTER breakfast?
    Jason

"Don't get stuck on stupid." --Lt. Gen. Russel Honore

John, I had no idea...Amazing!

John, would you PLEASE get a life already!

His middle name is Onion, because of all the layers.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Gaylin View Post
    John, would you PLEASE get a life already!
    I'm trying! Last weekend my son asked if we could possibly keep the 6-year-old grandson for a couple of days - cooped up in the house in town with an older brother and two parents trying to work at least part time from home he was beginning to drive everyone crazy! Sure thing! Couldn't spend much time with him over the last year without the vaccines.

He LOVES the farm - driving around in the little RTV truck throwing hay to the horses, stalking guineas looking for their nests, feeding the barn cats, far better mushroom hunter than me, picking up rocks and sticks, checking on the birds feeders and waterers, riding around on the 4-wheeler, hiking in the woods, wants to help with everything, learn about everything. He told me he was a thoughtful and inquisitive person (I'm always surprised at the kid's vocabulary and the words he can read).

I think it was just what he needed and great for me too - let me to spend some quality time on another dimension of life. When leaving to go home I told him he should come this weekend too and he's here now! I could do this every week.

JKJ

Isn’t it funny how it’s near impossible to get kids to do work for their parents, but then when the kids are with their grandparents, that same work is all of a sudden fun?
    Jason

"Don't get stuck on stupid." --Lt. Gen. Russel Honore

John, how’s the morel hunt this year? Sadly, I haven’t spent much time looking this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Bartley View Post
    John, how’s the morel hunt this year? Sadly, I haven’t spent much time looking this year.
    We found about 30 so far, all on or near the “developed” area of our farm, none in the woods. Many were small.

I found the biggest close to my barn. I was under the tractor changing the oil when I spotted a large one just in front of the wheels, growing through the gravel! This was flattened spot where I often part equipment and vehicles. A quick search around that spot revealed 6 more of the largest so far this year. My Lovely Bride was thrilled!

Some of her relatives are big mushroom hunters but they are not finding any yet this year. They typically find hundreds so maybe things will pick up. Too cool?

JKJ