Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: MiniMax FS41e

Izzy, i think that piece is to make a push block for use with the jointer. I plan to just use some regular push pads/blocks that I had from my old jointer.
    Last edited by Ian Guy; 04-17-2021 at 10:13 PM.

Ian nailed it; it’s a handle for a push block.

Quote Originally Posted by Izzy Charo View Post
    Not sure what this piece is, or where it goes on the machine.... Thanks!
    Attachment 456182
    Since I have about a dozen of these I'm guessing someone's brother has a factory in Rimini making 'em.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Groer View Post
    Thanks Roger that’s good to know. My manual has a yellow cover and is only about 20 pages. Do you happen to have the link from SCM?
    I misremembered the source. I got it from Scott&Sargeant in the UK. https://www.scosarg.com/manuals-for-machines They charged 5 pounds for the download (easy with Paypal) I now remember I had no luck getting it from SCM.

I may have missed this in the "great" manual... regarding the planer speed: is that switched from slow to fast (or vice versa) while the motor is running or when it's off? And does it matter which position it's left in while in jointing mode? Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Izzy Charo View Post
    I may have missed this in the "great" manual... regarding the planer speed: is that switched from slow to fast (or vice versa) while the motor is running or when it's off? And does it matter which position it's left in while in jointing mode? Thanks!
    Izzy: I switch when machine is not running, but I don't think it makes a big difference. I leave it in off position when jointing: no point having the whole planing transport mechanism operational when you don't need it. FWIW I never use the high speed planing setting. Phil

Many Thanks to all! Getting close to firing it up....very exciting!