What I have is 52" cut to length stock for a desktop, seasoning in my home office greater than one year. It is QSWO and I paid through the nose for some beautiful stuff. The new software my employer bought requires me to start using an iPad- and keep using my Windows machine for some functions.

I already have a camera adapter and a kb/mouse for the iPad and don't want to go there again. For what I need to do, kb and mouse on the iPad are staying. The kb/mouse tray for each device is 28" wide, so 56" for both input pairs if I build one enormous kb/mouse tray.

I feel pretty good about putting a 2" bread board at each end of a 56" long top; but I expect to lose a little length on that 52" stock after the glue up, and I need to cut tenons on the "52 inch panel" and cut a groove and mortises in the breadboards. I want to go wide and just slide my chair left and right switching between platforms.

Have you ever seen a breadboard end that just looked too wide or ridiculous or pathetic? Twelve inches each side is probably too much... With the five pieces pictured I should be able to get to 59x24 inches finished top, allowing for one inch overlap at each end for joinery. I am thinking a 1 inch rabbet on the glue up panel with say 1/4 inch for spline and an additonal 3/4 for some tenons sticking out past the spline, so the show face of the glue up will be two inches less than the cut square length of the glue up panel. As pictured the breadboards are 5.5" wide, pictured width is up around 27" with some gaps and some sap wood to be ripped off. Right now everything is 15/16 thick before planing.

Thanks. I'll go look at some internet pictures to see what looks grossly wide, but this thing will pretty wipe out my stash of seasoned white oak.

20210414_231228[1].jpg20210414_231250[1].jpg