Thread: LA Spray vacuum breaker for lawn sprinklers, rebuild kit

LA Spray vacuum breaker for lawn sprinklers, rebuild kit

My house has brass sprinkler valve the brand is "LA Spray". I need a new seal kit for the breaker valve. Why to many Los Angeles hair spray, spray tan, sites to find any info. I am hoping it will interchange with something still made today.
    Iron pipe in and out with no shutoff valve and stuff teed off upstream so hoping not to have to cut it out and redo all the manifold.
    Bill D.

No Union? If there is not one, and you have to redo it, put a Union in, so it can be easily changed in the future.

What type of seals Bill? O-rings? I doubt that they used custom made seals so I would think what you need is out there if you can determine what you need dimension wise.

No union, no shutoff. I think they just added more over time. I think Ronald is correct and I will just have to match seals. It looks like one flat washer and one o-ring. Not sure if it is really an o or maybe a cup seal
    Bill D

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Dufour View Post
    No union, no shutoff. I think they just added more over time. I think Ronald is correct and I will just have to match seals. It looks like one flat washer and one o-ring. Not sure if it is really an o or maybe a cup seal
    Bill D
    Does it sit in a groove? Probably o-ring if so. Quad ring is a possibility too but not as likely. Photos?

I bought the generic brass rebuild kit at HD and it had a new plastic valve and seal that fit perfect. It did not have the outer paper seal but the old one works. It cost $5.00.
    Bill D.