Thread: Sawstop Folding Outfeed Table Question

Sawstop Folding Outfeed Table Question

I'm finding conflicting information on this... the question is, on the Sawstop with the industrial mobile base, will the Sawstop Folding Outfeed table fold down flat against the back of the saw? If it doesn't, is it then a touch above the height of the back of the saw, and thus in the way of wood passing through the saw?. I'd also like to know if the dust collector hoses (both the overarm and the lower port) interfere with the outfeed table. I wish I had room for a permanent outfeed table, but I don't, and so if this works it would be a nice solution....Thanks for all comments!

I have a folding roller table(not SawStop) on mine and it works fine in both positions
    Ics 36", 5hp, mobile base
    Ron

Quote Originally Posted by Izzy Charo View Post
    I'm finding conflicting information on this... the question is, on the Sawstop with the industrial mobile base, will the Sawstop Folding Outfeed table fold down flat against the back of the saw? If it doesn't, is it then a touch above the height of the back of the saw, and thus in the way of wood passing through the saw?. I'd also like to know if the dust collector hoses (both the overarm and the lower port) interfere with the outfeed table. I wish I had room for a permanent outfeed table, but I don't, and so if this works it would be a nice solution....Thanks for all comments!
    I’ve never used my PCS with the SawStop folding table in anything but the locked and loaded position. I don’t know why you would (that’s what it’s for.) And yes, having it folded down would interfere with the lower dust port.

The folding table (which works very well IMO) is for moving the saw or storing it when not in use (very handy in my smallish multi-purpose shop where everything is mobile.)
    Last edited by Doug Dawson; 04-14-2021 at 2:24 AM.

I have the PCS with the folding table, but I don't have the overarm. The table does hang not quite flush with the back, and perhaps 2 inches beyond the wheels of the mobile base. As for the lower port, I have the rocker dust rite connection on it and that doesn't interfere with the outfeed table. I wish the table was a few inches shorter and am debating cutting it, it just feels like blasphemy given how much it cost.

I have the PCS with the SS folding outfeed table and the ICS base. Even without the dust collection hose, the table will not fold completely flat against the saw; it hits the ICS base. With the dust collection hose in place, with a 90 right at the back of the saw, the table will be held out from the saw a little farther still by the hose. When the table is folded down, the tips of the bars that make up the table do stick up above the table surface just a tad; enough to prevent sliding the fence past them. This is a design flaw IMO, and at some point I will pop off the little caps and remove about 1/8" from the bars to fix this. On the other hand, I never really *need* to use the saw with the table folded down, so I just leave the table up unless I need clearance to move something by the saw. It takes 2 seconds to lift up the table so not really a big deal to me. I also think SS should offer the option of routing the dust collection hose out the right side of the saw; that would avoid any interference with the folding table. Some day I may just go ahead and cut a hole in the lower right side to do this. There's nothing in the way inside the saw.
    --I had my patience tested. I'm negative--

I have the PCS with the PCS base (which I find works fine). My table sits flat against the saw when folded down so easy to use with the table in the down position. In the down position, the table fits around the dust port so doesn't interfere with the dust port operation. I have heard from others that with the ICS base and/or an aftermarket base, the table does not fold down completely.

If the Sawstop outfeed table doesn't suit your needs I ran across two excellent plans on You Tube. April Wilkersons was designed specifically for the PCS, and the Woodsmith version can be easily adapted. Both plans permit a "cutout" to avoid the dust port:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g66UhNaxivo&t=288s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RVpzMtWyFik&t=4s