Thread: Minimax SC 2C pricing

Minimax SC 2C pricing

I'm considering the Minimax SC 2C but not quite ready to pull the trigger. On their site they say it's on sale (1k off list). Is this an everyday sale price or is it really a temporary sale?

Quote Originally Posted by stephen wood View Post
    I'm considering the Minimax SC 2C but not quite ready to pull the trigger. On their site they say it's on sale (1k off list). Is this an everyday sale price or is it really a temporary sale?
    That’s about what I’d paid for mine minus accessories about 5 years ago. Great saw, if I had the space I just would’ve gotten the longer version. No regrets at all though.

Likely a periodic special price. $1K off would put it at a very attractive price point. If you're planning on needing the accessories, such as the short miter, clamps, etc., take a hard look at the SC-3C, however. While it's more than the SC-2C, it comes with all the goodies in the package, assuming you are in the US. Sam Blasco turned me on to that fact a little while ago. Once I have a new shop built, an SC-3C will be going in it to replace the larger S315WS I've sold so I didn't have to pay to store it for a long period of time.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Thanks for the tips. I'm going to follow up on the 2c-3c differences.

Have a conversation with Sam...he can be very helpful in understanding this, particularly as it relates to "what's stocked" here in the US, assuming you're in the US. You can order anything you want, of course, but sometimes the better choice so you can shortcut the timeline of the process is to select the bundle that has the things you want.
    --

6. Quote Originally Posted by Jim Becker View Post
    Have a conversation with Sam...he can be very helpful in understanding this, particularly as it relates to "what's stocked" here in the US, assuming you're in the US. You can order anything you want, of course, but sometimes the better choice so you can shortcut the timeline of the process is to select the bundle that has the things you want.
    Exactly. Even it it's not in the US yet they have machines already with some options. Those options bought by themselves are pricey, even by Minimax standards. Those flip stops and extra table are things you really want.

Joe, that's exactly while I'll opt for the SC-3C when I make my move. I'm used to having those "things" with the larger saw and despite the SC-2C being adequate size wise for my needs going forward, adding the goodies puts the price back up to the next step machine which is already a little more robust. The small miter bar is an example of must-have for me...it's embedded in my workflow now.
    --

Just fyi - SCM is usually willing to do better pricing on accessories if bundled with the purchase of a machine e.g.: short miter fence, support table, digital fence, flip stops etc.