Thread: Critter Spray gun set-up.

Critter Spray gun set-up.

Anyone use the Critter spraying system? Curiosity made me buy one to try with some latex paint (thinned of course). I am planning to try it out with some Kilz primer in a couple of days.

You need about 40psi to operate it properly... It is spraying correctly when it sprays a round pattern similar to an aerosol spray paint pattern.
    Kilz will spay OK, latex paint not so much... thinning will help spraying but thinning makes vertical surfaces run and drip.

My wife decided to use my critter sprayer to paint a couple of shutters; it was soooo slow she gave up; asked me to do it. I used my HVLP conversion gun. (she doesn't use my others sprayers because she doesn't like to clean them.)
    Scott

Finishing is an 'Art & a Science'. Actually, it is a process. You must understand the properties and tendencies of the finish you are using. You must know the proper steps and techniques, then you must execute them properly.

Blog Entries
    I got all excited when I saw the title to this thread. I thought someone had a better idea for something to spray my cats with when the scratch stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Wilkins View Post
    Anyone use the Critter spraying system? Curiosity made me buy one to try with some latex paint (thinned of course). I am planning to try it out with some Kilz primer in a couple of days.
    Prepare for lots of overspray. I have one, haven't used it for years so don't remember the specifics. I don't recall what pressure I used, I'm thinking 15 -20 PSI.