Thread: Creeker's Past Week's Accomplishments

Creeker's Past Week's Accomplishments

12 Apr 2021

Greetings,
    This past week my son and I got his tv stand/entertainment center has now been completed and installed. He did a nice job on his first attempt of making a furniture piece for himself. While I did help a lot, I feel he done a nice job. Spent some time with cleaning and improving the shop and some tools. I replaced the mag-switch on the dual drum sander since the previous owner had the OFF button rigged with a 3/4" dowel. Replaced/upgraded the tablesaw measuring tape on the rail. A very welcomed replacement/upgrade.

Oncall duty this week.....and I have class with a woodworking student 2 nights this coming week.

That's it for me, so what did YOU do this past week?

Best of weeks to you all.
    Thanks & Happy Wood Chips,
    Dennis -
    Get the Benefits of Being an SMC Contributor..!
    ....DEBT is nothing more than yesterday's spending taken from tomorrow's income.

Dennis, your son did a great job on that project! I hope he continues with the craft, too.

This past week had no "woodworking"...just a lot of packing, house fixes, etc. in preparation for our move. This week is "money week" with the closing on the new property, but is "more of the same" otherwise. I also have to take my older daughter for her second vaccine appointment...she inadvertently scheduled at the other end of the county and once you have the first, you have to go back to the same place. (those words on the screen that say "where" are kinda important. LOL) I'm also going to be finalize getting the slider ready for its new owner to pick up next week (a 'Creeker actually) and did a little work organizing in the shop so I can pack that up after we have the household moved other than what's staying for our daughter and her boyfriend to use while they "house sit" until the current property is sold.

The weirdest thing is that suddenly I'm getting calls from folks who want work done. Patience is going to be required around that...
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Humidor is on hold pending a design betterfigurethisshitout session. But got started on a wedding box for my niece.

image-20210410_140457.jpg image-20210410_153513.jpg

And got a couple of orders for some custom pieces, so that's nice. Missed a woodworking tool auction cuz the grandson wanted another billiards lesson. Maybe at the age of 73 I finally have my priorities dialed in.
    Stand for something, or you'll fall for anything.

I did some more outside work, but shop-wise I installed the false drawer fronts on the desks and made, finished, and installed the work surface extension slide-outs. So that means the desks are 100% finished. I'll post a couple pics in the projects forum later. The boss and I are very happy with the finished products.

I also did some more planning for my drill press table project and ordered a few more pieces-parts. I need to pick up some baltic birch tomorrow and then get started on the build after I firm up a few more details. As far as the office remodel goes, now I'll go back and finish up the doors and drawer fronts for the built-ins that are already in place and in use. Then there will be a low bookcase to do and maybe a lateral file or two, although we are trying to get rid of enough paper files to get by with the 4 file drawers in the two desks, especially if we move some of the important but little used files (like all the instruction manuals for all our "stuff") to the basement. That would be sweet.
    --I had my patience tested. I'm negative--