Thread: Delta vs Jet

Delta vs Jet

I am a beginning woodworker and and have decided to get my second drill press. First one was a Wen benchtop cheapie but now I decided to get something that actually works. Wondering if I should purchase a Delta 18-900L 18-Inch Laser Drill Press or theJET JDP-20MF 20" Drill Press, 115/230V 1Ph (354170). Anyone have thse machines. As a new woodworker, I am not sure where my journey will lead but I think either of these machines would work. Botha re around $1300. I have seen alot of people recommending the Nova Voyager.
    Thx in Advance.

If I were buying a new DP these days, the NOVA would get my money, no question. Of the two you mention, I'd probably settle on the Jet. It's larger capacity and Delta isn't the company they used to be.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

I'd go with the larger capacity Jet or Grizzly/Shop Fox equivalent. Both are currently better and more established companies with much better support, which is sad to us old fans of Delta. Personally, I've never found laser sights particularly useful. They always seem too wide and fuzzy for what I am doing.

The 20" Grizzly and Shop Fox models are worth looking at.

I have no confidence in anything from Delta since the latest owner took over. Jet would be the answer to your question with me.

To Rich and to others viewing this thread,
    the following post does not represent an indorsement, nor as a critique of the following brands. Ed
    Home - NOVA
    www.teknatool.com
    The company that is now Teknatool was first founded in Auckland, New Zealand in 1956 and its NOVA brand of woodturning equipment was first developed in the late 1970s. As woodturners began to expand and diversify their designs, NOVA debuted its first chuck product in the 1980s to meet the customer demand among skilled turners who needed a solution to hold their work more securely.

1. Teknatool For Sale - Make Wood Work For You -

www.woodcraft.com
    Get Same Day Shipping And A 90-Day Guarantee. Shop Top Woodworking Products Now!

• Teknatool is ready for the next step further development of the NOVA brand and has an ...

www.walmart.com › Teknatool

1. About Us - NOVA

www.teknatool.com › about
    Teknatool® International has been a global manufacturing exporter since 1980 with facilities in New Zealand, China and the US. We are a Kiwi (New Zealand) family owned and operated company. We’re passionate about the development of emerging technology and ‘Next Generation’ export ideas. In each of our global locations, we’ve invested in the country; providing jobs, buying from local providers and paying tax dollars that contribute to the local economies.

1. People also ask

When was teknatool invented?

• The company that is now Teknatool was first founded in Auckland, New Zealand in 1956 and its NOVA brand of woodturning equipment was first developed in the late 1970s.