Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Brushing "without toothpaste" study

Quote Originally Posted by Perry Hilbert Jr View Post
    Your not supposed to drink mouth wash either. Look at the side effects of a small amount of whiskey. no one should consume that stuff. ...
    Agree that no one should drink whiskey :: terrible, horrible side effects. Whisky on the other hand can be transferred to me and I be happy to rid the world of this, uhhmm - - this scourge. Least I can do.

This is what some Dentists webpages say in 2017/2018:
    https://www.delanodental.com/blog/de...-dry-brushing/
    When you search the ADA there's no record of a study on "dry brushing" or without toothpaste. My guess is the ADA got a lot of flack from the toothpaste makers.
    "Whether you think you can, or you think you can’t - you’re right."
    - Henry Ford

I've heard of similar results in doing laundry without detergent - the water does most of the work, the rest is perfume.

[QUOTE=Perry Hilbert Jr;3114107]Your not supposed to drink mouth wash either. Look at the side effects of a small amount of whiskey.[/QUOTE

I have a strict policy to avoid "Small amounts of whyskey." Large amounts works so much better.
    Last edited by Ron Citerone; 04-12-2021 at 10:03 PM.

5. I use a bit of baking soda while brushing.

I once tried the Crest multi-care toothpaste, which had baking soda in it. After about 3 days my gums were bleeding when I brushed. I went back to my regular Crest toothpaste and the bleeding went away.

I brush with Crest every night, and I use a good amount. I follow with a Waterpik water flosser, with the brush end that spins and pumps the water out the middle. That has made a huge difference in my oral health - my teeth are much cleaner and the stains I've had for most of my life are starting to fade away. I can highly recommend water flossing as part of an oral health care regiment.

7. Great tip. I'll try your method of cleaning teeth.

Quote Originally Posted by Stan Calow View Post
    I've heard of similar results in doing laundry without detergent - the water does most of the work, the rest is perfume.
    Certain types of dirt and stains can be removed with just water. For others, detergent is necessary to remove them. Others, nothing removes them.

Mike
    Go into the world and do well. But more importantly, go into the world and do good.

Blog Entries
    Would you think of washing dishes in just hot water?
    NOW you tell me...

Quote Originally Posted by Ole Anderson View Post
    Would you think of washing dishes in just hot water?
    Sure, in the autoclave….but not while I’m driving

Blog Entries
    I do the same Mike and I am not changing my ways.