Thread: Found useful adapter for oneida dust deputy

Found useful adapter for oneida dust deputy

I have an Oneida dust deputy hooked up to a shop vac in the usual manner. It's this one:

IMG_1002a.jpg

I've always found the tapered inlet to be annoying. It works OK with hoses that have a large enough ID to slide far enough onto the taper to hold tight, like this one:

IMG_1003a.jpg

But if you have a hose that has a short wide end and then a smaller ID hose, it won't work. Hard to see in this picture, but the hose can't slide on far enough and is just sitting loose on the tapered inlet, and will fall off if you try to use it. Likewise, most commercial adapters for smaller hoses won't fit on the tapered inlet either.

IMG_1004a.jpg

While searching for something or other on Amazon, I came across this adapter:

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

adapter.jpg

Here it is mounted to the DD:

IMG_1006a.jpg

Here's the hose shown previously that now fits perfectly in the adapter:

IMG_1007a.jpg

I have collected a *bunch* of hoses over the zillion years I've been doing stuff and they all fit into the adapter even though many of them wouldn't fit on the tapered inlet alone. It has a thumbscrew that can be tightened to secure any hoses that are a little loose.

And...commercial adapters for small diameter hoses, like for sanders, etc, also fit in the adapter:

IMG_1008a.jpg

If there are others here that also find the tapered inlet annoying, check this adapter out.
    --I had my patience tested. I'm negative--

thanks Paul ! this looks real useful.

In this universe, there is a hole that can only be filled by a website that lists vac/dust collector fittings that actually fit each other.

Matt