Thread: Wall Mounted Coat Rack

Wall Mounted Coat Rack

Fun project that felt really short relative to the dresser that took me like 3 months. Also the first project I've had on my new 1023, which made everything just so much more enjoyable. Making glue ready rips is a beautiful feeling.

I was inspired by some cutting board designs I saw online and kind of ran with it. The spline was my own idea and definitely made the glue up much trickier because I made some mistakes trying to make the spline fit tightly so you couldn't see the gap at the bottom. In the future I'll give it a hair more wiggle room and just use the glue/sawdust trick like I did most everywhere else on the project already

Not sure if the wood movement will be problematic with the long miter, but here we are...
    Attached Images Attached Images

I like that design a lot, and your workmanship is topnotch. Looks great. I think the parts will stay together just fine as long as the seasonal expansion/contraction of the two woods is similar.

John

Blog Entries
    Very nice, where did you get the coat hooks. I'm looking for something similar in brass.
    Lee Schierer
    USNA '71
    Go Navy!

My advice, comments and suggestions are free, but it costs money to run the site. If you found something of value here please give a little something back by becoming a contributor! Please Contribute

Really nice and beautiful finish.
    A wannabe woodworker!

I like it, and all things Art Deco. The angled joint won't fail. I used scarf joints of matching colors on special projects
    when it was not possible to buy more wood. They did have longer angle, but your project doesn't need a lot of strength .
    I like the hook shadows ,too.

Thanks for the kind words. Glad to know it isn't an obvious movement risk.

Hooks are linked below. Wife had the final call on those

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Liberty-...SN-C/304108334