Thread: Wig Stands

Wig Stands

A couple of wig stands I made using dimensions downloaded from the Atlantic Shore Woodturners we page. These are for patients undergoing chemo treatments and need to where a wig. Both are made of Maple, one with epoxy inlay and the other painted black and highlighted with iridescent paints.

Bobby
    Louisiana
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks Bobby--and to the Atlantic Shore group. Got a co-worker who just started chemo--she's been a real cheerleader for our company in the past year, so she's going to get one so she's ready.
    earl

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby McCarley View Post
    A couple of wig stands I made using dimensions downloaded from the Atlantic Shore Woodturners we page. These are for patients undergoing chemo treatments and need to where a wig. Both are made of Maple, one with epoxy inlay and the other painted black and highlighted with iridescent paints.

Bobby
    Louisiana
    Excellent! Very nicely done.

Members of our club make those too, plus Beads of Courage boxes for kids with cancers. We actually got more than the hospital can use - a nice problem.

BTW, we found out other charity organizations that sell donated items could use some also - not for wigs but to display hats to sell!

Hey, maybe you could post the dimensions in case other readers want to make some. (I didn't the info on the Atlantic Shore Woodturners club charity page. Is it for members only?)

JKJ
    Last edited by John K Jordan; 04-08-2021 at 11:15 PM.

John,
    I found this among the pictures of the wig stands on the Atlantic Shore site. Good starting point.
    earl

Wig_Stand_975225590 (1).jpg

Cool project and a great cause. Nicely done Bobby
    ~john
    "There's nothing wrong with Quiet" ` Jeremiah Johnson

Quote Originally Posted by Earl McLain View Post
    John,
    I found this among the pictures of the wig stands on the Atlantic Shore site. Good starting point.
    earl

Wig_Stand_975225590 (1).jpg
    Thanks, those are close to the dimensions we use. I was hoping to find a resource page I could pass onto others as a URL.

I keep tub of blanks I cut for those in our club who want to make some but need wood.

JKJ