Thread: Mobile base for lift table?

Mobile base for lift table?

I purchased a used Southworth lift table and would like to make it somewhat mobile. Is there a mobile base that is 24" x 48" with a capacity of 600 lbs? Everything I've been able to find won't stretch to 48". Any suggestions on how to make the table movable without purchasing a mobile base?

I have s Southworth that weighs 800+ pounds. I use a Bora PM3550 mobile base with a set of Bora Extension rails and couplers. Works beautifully.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Levin View Post
    I have s Southworth that weighs 800+ pounds. I use a Bora PM3550 mobile base with a set of Bora Extension rails and couplers. Works beautifully.

Thanks Mark! I have a Bora PM3550 underneath my Powermatic drum sander. It's a nice mobile base. I wasn't sure if it could be configured for my lift table base, which is 24" x 48". So, would I have to cut down the normally longer side for the 24" dimension and just extend the normally shorter side with the extension rails and couplers?

Can't you just bolt casters to the table's base? That is, you wouldn't need a whole mobile base -- the table already has a base.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamie Buxton View Post
    Can't you just bolt casters to the table's base? That is, you wouldn't need a whole mobile base -- the table already has a base.
    I was thinking about that this morning before signing in. There might be some clearance issues with the internal workings. I'll check it out. Tabs could also be welded to the outside frame to receive casters. The nice thing about the Bora base is once assembled it's ready for use. The machine also drops down solid to floor.