Thread: Machine valuation question

Machine valuation question

I have purchased my fair share of hobbyist type wood working tools and even some larger format items.

I was curious if anyone has guidance in regards production type equipment. Currently in negotiations to purchase large format AXYZ 5x10 CNC with vacuum table, 10 hp spindle (no ATC), spray mister, VCarve PRO, various cutters. Machine looks in like new condition and is predecessor to there current INFINITE product line. It was purchased new April-2019 for $55,000 and has only about 600 run time hours.

Any recommendation on how to establish a current valuation?

Thanks for any feedback
    Brian

Brian you might check on eBay for completed listings and compare. Seems funny that there is no ATC in that package. Some of the other guys might be able to help here.
    Retired Guy- Central Iowa.HVAC/R , Cloudray Galvo Fiber , -Windows 10

Quote Originally Posted by Bill George View Post
    Brian you might check on eBay for completed listings and compare. Seems funny that there is no ATC in that package. Some of the other guys might be able to help here.
    Definitely no ATC. It can be added as upgrade for $14,000 though.

The machine model is AXYZ 4010 and as stated in OP low hours ~600

Its been primarily used for signage business so cutting HDU, sheet good plastics, etc.

Just trying to ascertain value for this low hrs machine. Would a ballpark starting estimate be of 25%, 50%, more of original purchase price???

You will find as I did unless your selling a CAMaster or other very well known name you will be lucky to get 50% of your new machine price.
    Retired Guy- Central Iowa.HVAC/R , Cloudray Galvo Fiber , -Windows 10

A good place to look is by doing a google search for something like AXYZ cnc router. Not a specific model number. If you go to images you can see ones that look used. If you look at the link you can find ones that are either auctions or used machinery sites. Some will be sold and not have a price while a few others will. I would use that as a starting point. From there you can compare the one you are looking at to the others that you found. For example the one you are looking at may have lower hours or a smaller table which will increase or decrease the value. From there you have to ask yourself how much is it worth to you. I think 50% would be a good place to start.

Brian, is this machine nearby? The difficulty/cost of getting it to your shop would seem to be a large factor in how much it is worth to you.

I'm also in Rochester, more of a benchtop sort of guy tho.