I am looking to buy a new shaper sometime this month or next and have sort of narrowed down my search to the Laguna Pro 7.5HP unit and the Grizzly g7214 which is also 7.5HP. I do have 240v 3 phase power in my shop and have good dust collection. I would like to hear some of your opinions on this topic and see what you guys would suggest. I would primarily be using it for cope and stick cabinet doors and sometimes entryway doors. Might also be used for raising panels.

Both are 7.5HP but the Laguna can spin up to a 7.5” cutterhead and the Grizzly can only support a 5” cutterhead. My cutters are most Freeborn 4”+ brazed tooling but at some point I do intend to get into insert tooling which is usually larger than brazed tooling.

I will be honest, the Laguna looks to be the superior machine but would like to hear from you guys. My main concerns are the bearing sizes and life spans in the spindles, as well as the ease of setting and changing cutters and of course power and life span. What do you guys think?