Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Resurrection process for an abused ICS

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sean meltvedt View Post
    Michael, the business where I got the saw had their shop roof collapse due to a combination of heavy snow and truss failure. It was lucky that no one was in there when the roof decided to go!
    I used to teach printing and my paper salesman told me a story. He was at a printing plant admiring their brand new Heidelberg 4-color press. Someone was working on the roof that day and had put too much gravel in one spot. The roof gave and all that gravel dumped down on the press while it was running.

Great job. I have one of those saws and it's a wonderful machine.
    The company is one of the bests to deal with. Their CS is excellent.

Quote Originally Posted by sean meltvedt View Post
    The reconditioning is completed-this wonderful machine is now making sawdust again. I am not going to call it a rebuild, that’s Zipp Riders gig-I did more of a recondition. Just cleaned up the tables, cleaned and lubed the trunnions and replaced all the electric components including the motor. I used the old fence rails from my 36” PCS fence, but shifted them to the right (I did not replace the broken left wing). This gives me a comfortable 47” fence rip capacity. I may install a slider in the future-but not certain yet as I have a slider on the 52” PCS in the background. Now I’ll use them back to back for a while to figure out the best placement before I rework the outfeed table. For those that have back to back saws, how do you have them placed? Are the blades in line?
    Back to the shop to play
    Cheers
    Sean
    Great job. And your shop looks like one of those Fine Woodworking shops - not a speck of dust anywhere

Mike
    Go into the world and do well. But more importantly, go into the world and do good.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Henderson View Post
    Great job. And your shop looks like one of those Fine Woodworking shops - not a speck of dust anywhere

Mike
    Mike-I wish. Typically the shop is clean twice a year-spring and fall. Since spring hasn’t yet sprung in Alaska-her is the saw from another angle. The far table is one of those 3D looking end grain cutting boards and the clamping jig in progress.
    Cheers
    Sean
    6C7052CF-111B-40A6-88E2-FA74281660FD.jpg