Thread: Where To Find Replacement Lens For Kreg Stops?

Where To Find Replacement Lens For Kreg Stops?

Both stops for my Kreg miter saw track kit have broken lenses. Any idea where replacements can be purchased?
    “Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness..." - Mark Twain

Did you try Kreg?
    Richard Poitras
    Central, Michigan....
    01-02-2006

Quote Originally Posted by richard poitras View Post
    Did you try Kreg?
    First place I looked but couldn't find it.

Those stops are pretty useless for measuring without them.

Quote Originally Posted by Julie Moriarty View Post

You didn't call them? Can't imagine anyone making a replacement lens for a Kreg item, except Kreg.

Give them a call or email them. I can almost guarantee they have them available if requested.

Yep, call. Just a guess that they will have them and ask only for your address. They've been that kind of service company for me.
    earl

Kreg is first class when it comes to customer service. I broke part of a five year old pocket hole jig. Called and asked about getting replacement part, and they said "Give us your address and we will send you a complete jig FREE! And they DID!!!

Call them? Like in the olden days? (a little self-deprecation for that now dawning on me)

Thank you. I will do that today. Sure would be nice to have that working again.

Call them? Like in the olden days? (a little self-deprecation for that now dawning on me)

Straight from the Kreg website

Our Technical Support team is always available to help via phone or email
    call

(800) 447-8638
    Monday - Friday 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. CST
    email

Submit a Question →

technicalsupport@kregtool.com

My first experience with a Kreg product was a used miter gauge i bought in an online auction. Came missing a few bits & bobs. I went to the Kreg website several times--couldn't find a way to buy parts. After about a week, i called in frustration--only to be asked for my address and what was missing. I asked for an estimate before paying--the response was zero. I restated that i'd bought it used--to which the response was that they just wanted people to move on with a positive woodworking experience. I'm not a big customer for them, but i tend to not have concerns about getting service if i ever need it. The $5 or so they spent on mailing me a few screws was a good investment for them. Good stuff.
    earl

Kreg has awesome customer service. I had a problem with one of their clamps and they replaced it after giving me a couple ideas of how to fix it. It was not fixable but I had a replacement in a few days. I have no reservations about buying Kreg tools.