Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Favorite Tool Families

On cordless stuff, DeWalt 20V.

For corded stuff, Harbor Freight if I'm being totally honest.

Erik
    Ex-SCM and Felder rep

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Dawson View Post
    FUEL is Milwaukee’s trade name for brushless. I have both the M18 and M12 batteries in various configurations (around 20 in total.) The M18’s have more brute force power, but the M12’s have a better power to weight ratio for their tools in my experience. If you’re holding the tool a lot, that makes a difference.
    I was reading on the Milwaukee site that FUEL tools are the top line brushless but there are brushless tools that are not FUEL.
    Brian

"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger or more complicated...it takes a touch of genius and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction." - E.F. Schumacher

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Tymchak View Post
    I was reading on the Milwaukee site that FUEL tools are the top line brushless but there are brushless tools that are not FUEL.
    You want FUEL. Maybe they’ve made other brushless, but FUEL is what you want. With Milwaukee anyway.

Makita also offers brushless tools. I bring this up because I've been using Makita since the 9.6v days, always being satisfied. The selection is enormous, so you can get exactly what you need. For example, there are 20 18V impact wrenches, 5 are brushless.