Thread: Need help identifying this jointer..

Need help identifying this jointer..

Eyeing this jointer for sale, auction actually, and I can't tell if it's 6 or 8"; I want to say 8. Also, is it worth buying?...only 3/4 HP motor.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg
    Last edited by brad hays; 04-02-2021 at 9:01 PM.
    If the end of the world ever comes move to Kentucky, because everything there happens 20 years later. ~ Mark Twain
    History began on July 4, 1776. Everything before that was a mistake. ~ Ron Swanson
    The economy of what you say lends more to it's meaning than the depth of it's exclamation.
    If you need a tool and don't get it, you paid for not having it and you still don't have it.

It’s most likely a 6” jointer. Look through the VM.org photos.

i have the very same jointer - 6" - but mine has a 3/4 baldor motor. it's really a great machine - very solid. i can't imagine you'll ever need any more than that size motor.
    jerry
    jerry

8" is a pretty big piece of machinery. I'd say it's a 6". 3/4 hp should be ok.

Blog Entries
    Looks a lot like a 37-207 (open stand). I have Grandpa's Monkey Wards version that the phone company bought him when he retired. Still works like a champ.

GRandpas-M-W-jointer.jpg

The pork chop got broken before I was old enough to remember. That is a painted wooden replacement he made. He can't be blamed for the green wire holding the 4" dust port trailer park modification either. That was all me .
    "A hen is only an egg's way of making another egg".

– Samuel Butler

Thanks for the advice guys. Something with wrong with the VM.org site but I've gotten a lot of confirmation now that this is a 6". If it were 8" I would think more of it but there's really too many other ok 6" options out there that I'm gonna wait for something better to come along.
    If the end of the world ever comes move to Kentucky, because everything there happens 20 years later. ~ Mark Twain
    History began on July 4, 1776. Everything before that was a mistake. ~ Ron Swanson
    The economy of what you say lends more to it's meaning than the depth of it's exclamation.
    If you need a tool and don't get it, you paid for not having it and you still don't have it.

It was working yesterday - but they’re probably doing some maintenance now. Or hiding eggs.