Thread: Rikon band saw

Rikon band saw

Does anybody have a 18 inch Rikon band saw. If so would appreciate letting me know.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Hipp View Post
    Does anybody have a 18 inch Rikon band saw. If so would appreciate letting me know.
    I've had a 18" Rikon for a long time. I think it's model 10-345.

Do you have a question about the saw?

JKJ

I have the 18in 10-347. Very happy with it. Any questions.?

I have one of the 10-347 as well

Bernie and Charles

My problem with the 10-346 saw is that the guides on each side of the blade run on the face of the bearings, not the edge of the bearings as the 10-347 does. Same is true with the bearing behind the blade.

Additionally the lift arm for the blade guides isn't very is easy to keep steady and true so it is difficult to have the blade in the center between the guides.

Looking for options to replace the guide assembly that won't break the bank.

Thanks for the reply.

[QUOTE=Jim Hipp;3113769]Bernie and Charles

My problem with the 10-346 saw is that the guides on each side of the blade run on the face of the bearings, not the edge of the bearings as the 10-347 does. Same is true with the bearing behind the blade.

Additionally the lift arm for the blade guides isn't very is easy to keep steady and true so it is difficult to have the blade in the center between the guides.

Looking for options to replace the guide assembly that won't break “

I really become disgusted when the new version of a machine is improved not In materials but in engineering design with improvements that should/could have been incorporated in the older version. This seems to be a prime example, because the 347 has a bearing guide design that is a breeze to adjust, and solid as a rock. Perhaps the upper can be replaced and the lower left as is. Have you called Rikon and discussed this with them. They have always been helpful and courteous with me.

[QUOTE=Bernie Kopfer;3114821]
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Hipp View Post
    Bernie and Charles

Looking for options to replace the guide assembly that won't break “

I really become disgusted when the new version of a machine is improved not In materials but in engineering design with improvements that should/could have been incorporated in the older version. This seems to be a prime example, because the 347 has a bearing guide design that is a breeze to adjust, and solid as a rock. Perhaps the upper can be replaced and the lower left as is. Have you called Rikon and discussed this with them. They have always been helpful and courteous with me.

I have contacted Rikon and had several conversations.

No resolution yet.