Thread: Delta Unisaw Biesemeyer/UniFence Replacement Tape Accuracy

Delta Unisaw Biesemeyer/UniFence Replacement Tape Accuracy

My early 80s vintage Unisaw tape on the fence bar is getting hard to read. I was going to replace it with a Starrett or a Delta, and am hesitating because of comments about accuracy issues with both (the original tape is accurate). Does anyone have any experience with replacement tapes on a Biesemeyer or a Delta UniFence style bar as far as accuracy? I’m seriously considering a DRO, but I’d like the tape to be readable as a back up.

On the Biese clones I have built, I used Starrett tapes. One trick for setting the cursier correctly is to cut a piece, measure it accurately and set cursier to that distance. Once and done. In my Biese clone box of goodies, I have Starrett, Rockler, and Woodworker's Supply tapes. The Rockler was supposed to be black on white, but came black on yellow
    Last edited by Bruce Wrenn; 04-01-2021 at 8:55 PM.

I replaced the tape on my mine, also, and I think I used a Starrett tape. If I recall, it wasn't very expensive.

But mostly, I measure between the fence and the blade with a rule to set up my cuts.

Mike
    Go into the world and do well. But more importantly, go into the world and do good.

I have used several brands in the past. I don't recall the brands but they may have been Kreg, Starret, etc. I have never had an issue. I get the metal ones so they can't stretch while you are putting them on.

McMaster-Carr has a large selection.

I ordered one from McMaster-Carr and I’ll try that. Thank you all for your responses.
    Last edited by Jim Becker; 04-02-2021 at 2:34 PM. Reason: Defaulted text so it is readable on a large screen

When I switched the shop to metric last year I used Starret tapes. They seem to be fine.