Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Mobile Device????

Tablets are the way to go, IMHO. My work laptop is loaded with all sorts of product demo software but it's so easy to just hand someone my ipad (cellular data) and let them swipe around to their hearts' content, make notes with the apple pencil, etc. The laptop takes time to boot up, passwords, logins, tether to phone, etc. When it comes to the mobile experience, I think a tablet is the experience folks are asking for.

Erik
    Ex-SCM and Felder rep

+1 on a reasonably priced Android tablet about the size of an A4 sheet of paper.

You'll quickly get used to hunt and peck typing.

A word of caution : if you engage in online financial transactions with the tablet, don't take it out of your house.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Matthews View Post
    +1 on a reasonably priced Android tablet about the size of an A4 sheet of paper.

You'll quickly get used to hunt and peck typing.

A word of caution : if you engage in online financial transactions with the tablet, don't take it out of your house.
    One should be able to install VPN software on a phone or tablet. That should add help some with the wifi security issues. I don't do anything of financial significance on anything portable. Online orders, okay because credit cards offer fraud protection. I also do something a bit unconventional for transactions I want secure. I have 2 separate operating system dual boot. One is for everyday use, the other is only for connecting to credit card accounts, bank accounts, things like that. This is not a Windows operating system. I figure the less time that OS spends on the internet and avoiding dodgy sites the less likely to have something unfortunate happen.