Thread: Creeker's Past Week's Accomplishments

Creeker's Past Week's Accomplishments

5 Apr 2021

Greetings,
    I finally got the kitchen pantry expansion installed this past week and also helped #2 son finish his tv stand/entertainment center. 2 more projects done. All I need to do now is make the trim for around the kitchen pantry, prime, paint the trim and then I'll be 100% finished on the pantry project.
    I practiced and played music for Easter Service at our church. I always enjoy playing music with a good group of musicians. Had Easter dinner with the family and relaxed a bit late yesterday. Back to the day job today.

That's it for me, so what did YOU do this past week?

Best of weeks to you all.
    Thanks & Happy Wood Chips,
    Dennis -
    Get the Benefits of Being an SMC Contributor..!
    ....DEBT is nothing more than yesterday's spending taken from tomorrow's income.

In between lots of outside work I completed my drawer false fronts and ebonized pulls. They are ready for installation and that will just leave the four work surface extension pullouts to do and the desks will be completely done. In my spare time I worked out the design of a table for my recently added voyager drill press and ordered the bits and pieces for it. It seems multi-t-track extrusion is just one more of the things that has gotten hard to get. Rockler was the only place I could find that had some in stock, at a fairly high price.

Made roast lamb on the grill for Easter with domino potatoes and asparagus. Yum! First thing off the grill this year.
    --I had my patience tested. I'm negative--

Dennis and Paul, it sounds like you both had an enjoyable weekend.

Saturday I finished up the sanding on the Spool Cabinet project and took care of some basic housework that I've been avoiding. Sunday I spend the morning in the shop listening to our church's streamed Easter Service while sitting at my bench doing the masking needed prior to the pre-finishing. In the afternoon we went to visit both of our mothers for a couple hours. Hubby cooked dinner for me in the evening. Though different, it was an enjoyable Easter weekend.

Earlier last week I glued up what will be a raised panel for one end of the kitchen hutch. I'm actually still less than 100% certain I want one large panel as opposed to two, so I'm doing only one end first to see how the real thing looks compared to my CAD model.

I needed a new router table fence for raising the panel. I don't have a nice fence for the router table; I have utilitarian fences made up from plywood or MDF, whatever I have on hand at the time of need. The last fence with an opening large enough for a panel raising bit got damaged and discarded some time ago. Therefore this weekend it was time to make a new one.

Sunday after Easter service, I also made (most of) a long-overdue new drill press table from some of the MDF left over from the fence job. Nothing special; two layers of 3/4" MDF edged with scrap cherry and a pair of T-slot tracks. It needs a fence, and it needs hardware to attach it to the drill press, the latter of which I'll probably pick up from the big box later today.
    Chuck Taylor

Daughter in town, and next door neighbor here had taken down five soft maples. Had tree service cut trunks in to firewood lengths. Spent about four hours with log splitter busting it into fire wood. Less than 1/3 done. Took a load to widow friend who has a fire pit. Stopped by a friends house and removed lock cylinder from front door, so they could have it re keyed. Went back by today and installed it. Cleaned out next to shop for tree guy to get in there and cut down a tree next week. Only 40 years worth of accumulation of stuff, mainly steel. Picked up some supplies to make potting mix for my self wicking pots, into which I will put tomatoes, peppers, and squash. Bought grass seed to seed area at daughters where new septic tank was installed. Tilled area again, and added lime. Prior to seeding and after rain later in the week will have to go back over it and pick up rocks. Sprayed front lawn with vinegar to kill out moss, which had taken over. Blue Birds are weaving nests in my boxes. Went out to eat (inside) for first time in a year. Cooked some pies, sweet potatoes, and wife cooked a ham for Easter. Unfortunately without family over, it didn't take long to eat dinner. Did monthly generator tests on four of five generators. Ordered a carburetor for small tiller, and installed a new carburetor on a power washer for our son. Tilled garden, but it's still too wet to work in. Burned another pile of storm debris. No shop time this past week