Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Uvex Bionic Face Shield

I received my shield today - as advertised it has the anti-fog polycarbonate/hardcoat lens. I also noticed the replacement lens is only $1 cheaper than the shield with mask.

Wound up ordering one to have a spare. It arrived the same day as the Rockler flyer with the very same face shield advertised on sale for $49.99 - $5 off from regular price at 54.99.
    I'm not completely comfortable with all things Amazon, and prefer to support my local retailers whenever possible, but paying less than half the amount while having it delivered to my door - often within a day - is pretty easy to justify...especially when you live on a small island where a trip to town requires a ferry fare to boot.

Got mine and the replacement.
    As I suspected it's not the impact rated plexi, NOT that it matters, since neither is ANSI rated, it is hardened and anti fog, as mentioned. My bad.
    Still I think it's a great deal. The helmet part is the same as the older way more expensive ones. Just the plexi on the new one is 1/64" thinner. The replacement is the same thickness as the new one. I guess I'll keep using my old one and have another backup....... One of those things too cheap to not buy.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle Iwamoto;[URL="tel:3112744"
    3112744[/URL]]Got mine and the replacement.
    As I suspected it's not the impact rated plexi..
    Kyle - mine is the impact rated version at that price. If its marked Z86+, its the higher impact rated version. Look in the upper right corner of the shield for the rating.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffrey J Smith View Post
    Kyle - mine is the impact rated version at that price. If its marked Z86+, its the higher impact rated version. Look in the upper right corner of the shield for the rating.
    Mine 2!

Had to laugh. There was a low rating on online for this shield. The guy said he was disappointed that he thought it was clear and it came tinted and hard to see out of. There is even a pic - yes, he forgot to take the protective film off.