Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Can anyone ID this car?

Can anyone ID this car?

IMG_5887.jpg

IMG_5897.jpg

IMG_5898.jpg

IMG_5899.jpg

IMG_5900.jpg

I'm hoping to nip this problem in the bud before getting authorities involved. Already got the bank involved...
    ========================================
    ELEVEN - rotary cutter tool machines
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    THREE- make that FOUR now - fiber lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter
    CASmate, Corel, Gravostyle

I'm pretty sure it's a Saab 9-3

Sharp solves all manner of problems.

Looked like a Saab 9-3 to me too.
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

“If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals.”

stealing your mail?

Quote Originally Posted by Kev Williams View Post

I'm hoping to nip this problem in the bud before getting authorities involved. Already got the bank involved... :
    If they're stealing from you, you're probably not alone.

I *believe* this a Federal offense.
    https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/18/1708

Oh, it's a federal offense all right. Which is why I don't want to involve the authorities, I'm pretty sure I know who's in passenger seat and if I'm right he needs help rather than more prison time. That car being a not-as-popular-as-a-Honda-or-Subaru around here helps, thanks
    ========================================
    ELEVEN - rotary cutter tool machines
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    THREE- make that FOUR now - fiber lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter
    CASmate, Corel, Gravostyle

Unfortunately people who've made bad decisions in the past tend to continue to make them. I applaud you for trying to give them a chance. I hope it's successful.

Blog Entries
    I agree with what your trying to accomplish Kev and good on ya. If he goes to prison there's really no chance he'll get rehabilitated.

I can appreciate your desire not to call the police, but unless you find a way to confront him you may have no choice. If this is happening on a regular basis, accidentally dropping a box of nails regularly may be the best to stop them.

Kev, you're a real smart guy and there's obviously things we don't know here. I respect you trying to help him. I really do.

He is committing a federal crime. If he stops stealing from you, it seems like he may start stealing from someone else - if he isnt already. What if he steals from an old lady who cannot afford it? What if someone confronts him, and he hurts them? There's a lot to consider here in addition to rehabilitating him.

Just another point of view to think about. Good luck.
    Fred
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

“If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals.”

Blog Entries
    What if someone confronts him, and he hurts them?
    What if he steals from someone laying in wait with a shotgun? They would likely have preferred some jail time to that.

jtk
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)

expensive car with expensive custom wheels. Stealing must pay pretty well in your town.
    Bill D

More prison time? Fat chance at rehabbing this punk. My heart wouldn’t be bleeding for him, for all the reasons cited above.

Quote Originally Posted by Kev Williams View Post
    Oh, it's a federal offense all right. Which is why I don't want to involve the authorities, I'm pretty sure I know who's in passenger seat and if I'm right he needs help rather than more prison time. That car being a not-as-popular-as-a-Honda-or-Subaru around here helps, thanks
    You're showing real compassion, there.

Repeat offenders with an untreated addiction are given alternate sentences involving rehab, "uppa heya".

If you know who it is, and choose not to alert the authorities (perhaps start with a local judge) the next victim may not be so forgiving.

Tough call, if you know the kid.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronald Blue View Post
    Unfortunately people who've made bad decisions in the past tend to continue to make them.
    You mean buying a Saab? <duck and run>
    Yoga class makes me feel like a total stud, mostly because I'm about as flexible as a 2x4.
    "Design"? Possibly. "Intelligent"? Sure doesn't look like it from this angle.
    We used to be hunter gatherers. Now we're shopper borrowers.
    The three most important words in the English language: "Front Towards Enemy".
    The world makes a lot more sense when you remember that Butthead was the smart one.
    You can never be too rich, too thin, or have too much ammo.