Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Can anyone ID this car?

Well at least he is supporting an orphan.
    Bill

Quote Originally Posted by Kev Williams View Post
    Oh, it's a federal offense all right. Which is why I don't want to involve the authorities, I'm pretty sure I know who's in passenger seat and if I'm right he needs help rather than more prison time. That car being a not-as-popular-as-a-Honda-or-Subaru around here helps, thanks
    Kev,
    I totally "grok" your approach here and applaud you and your values. Only you know the whole story, so you are the only one qualified to make your decision.
    Proud of you sir!

This "kid" is roughly 58-60 years old... I spoke with his brother today, who ironically works for the post office-- I explained the situation, he fully understands our thoughts and concerns.

Got some good and bad news... The good news, he knows nothing of a friend of his brother with even a car, let alone a Saab. And he was able to alibi his brother. The bad news, his brother was in the hospital all that day (last Friday) going thru a battery of tests; doctors found he has cancer in his stomach and liver - So now I feel like a **** for blaming him.

So now that I know who DIDN'T steal our mail, I'm going to get the authorities involved. Almost every night I leave engraving jobs in an old milkbox by the front door, or just on the porch itself if the parts are too big for the box. In over 40 years we've never had a porch pirate take anything. Maybe my Saab guys were testing out the waters?
    ========================================
    ELEVEN - rotary cutter tool machines
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    THREE- make that FOUR now - fiber lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter
    CASmate, Corel, Gravostyle

Blog Entries
    Maybe my Saab guys were testing out the waters?
    Hopefully you can get them a failing grade.

jtk
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)

Sorry, I don't see a Saab, I see a Nissan.
    Rick Potter

DIY journeyman,
    FWW wannabe.
    AKA Village Idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee DeRaud View Post
    You mean buying a Saab? <duck and run>
    Could be....lol. Or not realizing Kev is on this forum where advice is free and plentiful and even useful at times.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick Potter View Post
    Sorry, I don't see a Saab, I see a Nissan.
    Definitely a Saab.

I've scrutinized the car, it's definitely a Saab 9-3, probably a 2003 or 2004 as those most closely match, but up to 2008 they're very similar.
    Here's a side-by-side screenshot, I grabbed a pic of a 2003 online, it's pic name is in the title bar
    -- note the front of both cars are virtually identical down to the round hood emblem--
    saab.jpg
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter

not older then 2012 if it is a Saab.
    Bill D

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Dufour View Post
    not older then 2012 if it is a Saab.
    ITYM not newer than 2012...
    Yoga class makes me feel like a total stud, mostly because I'm about as flexible as a 2x4.
    "Design"? Possibly. "Intelligent"? Sure doesn't look like it from this angle.
    We used to be hunter gatherers. Now we're shopper borrowers.
    The three most important words in the English language: "Front Towards Enemy".
    The world makes a lot more sense when you remember that Butthead was the smart one.
    You can never be too rich, too thin, or have too much ammo.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee DeRaud View Post
    ITYM not newer than 2012...
    Thanks for the fix! I suppose it could be a Nevs But every picture I have seen has the brand name spelled out on the doors in letters one foot high.
    Bill D
    Last edited by Bill Dufour; 04-03-2021 at 3:10 PM.

OK, I will bow to the pressure. Just that the window on the rear door looks funny to me.

Darn furrin cars.
    Rick Potter

DIY journeyman,
    FWW wannabe.
    AKA Village Idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Potter View Post
    OK, I will bow to the pressure. Just that the window on the rear door looks funny to me.
    Low-res pic and super-dark tint on the window makes the divider bar almost invisible.
    Yoga class makes me feel like a total stud, mostly because I'm about as flexible as a 2x4.
    The world makes a lot more sense when you remember that Butthead was the smart one.

Yeah, the pics are taken by phone from the computer monitor, not the highest quality

-I need to read the instructions and see what I have to do to offload the video--

In the meantime, using my trusty ancient Sony F707 and some editing, these are a wee bit better maybe--

sb6.jpg

sb5.jpg

sb4.jpg

sb3.jpg

We were trying to figure out if this car is white or silver, that's a white pickup at neighbors, so we've decided the car is silver...
    Also, the top is all black with a sunroof, and the spoiler is different than any I've seen in other pics--- will be very easy to pick this car out of a lineup...
    Last edited by Kev Williams; 04-03-2021 at 2:54 PM.
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Dufour View Post
    I suppose it could be a Nevs But every picture I have seen has the brand name spelled out on the doors in letters one foot high.
    Bill D
    AFAICT none of the 200 or so Saab-based NEVS cars were made it out of Sweden.
    In any case, Kev's guy doesn't sound like the type to own an electric car.