Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Need Anti-Fatigue mat recommendations

I have an old woven oval rug in front of my small work station in the garage and it helps quite a bit. At the wood shop I belong to they have the ones with holes and they are really comfortable.

BTW, one time I did some Craig's List searching for them a few years back. They show up on there sometimes.
    Last edited by Ron Citerone; 03-28-2021 at 6:45 PM.

Along Ron Citerone’s line of thinking, I may get some fake, Oriental-design runners and area rugs for my shop. With a good pad underneath, they should provide cushion, sound deadening, and some color. The kind I have seen online are made of propylene and are pretty inexpensive. I would like the look of it.

TW

I go backwards and forwards on the idea of the mats, so instead I prefer good shoes/boots.

The comfort is there for each foot all the time, wherever you go, no tripping hazard stepping on and off mats, especially when carrying large items hat may restrict your vision.

No edges to cause cleanup frustration.

I can still roll most of my tools and workbench around on the polished concrete, a necessity for my workshop.

About the only area where I think a mat would benefit is my lathe and that's because I could do with the extra height it would provide, I'm a little short for my lathe.

Chris, I think the combination of shoes that provide good support and are comfortable combined with some extra "give" in places where a lot of standing happens is a good thing. For me, great shoes are wonderful, but not enough when it comes to having a hard surface under-foot for long periods of time.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Another advocate for horse mats here. I picked a couple 3' x 4' x 1/2" mats at a local Rural King Supply. They're a good supplement for decent shoes, and they are far kinder to dropped tools.
    Sharp solves all manner of problems.