Thread: TSO Parallel Guide System protective case?

TSO Parallel Guide System protective case?

My search skills are failing me... Anybody that has the TSO Parallel Guide system for your track saw, do you have a clever way to store, protect, and transport the rails? The case for my saw tracks already has 3 in it so it's too full to add anything else. I don't really need another saw track length/width case for these, so I'm hoping to find something a bit more appropriate?
    Thanks,
    Brad

Judging by the lack of response, apparently no one else has come up with an ideal solution for this either.
    Just as an fyi - The official answer via an email request to TSO yesterday states in reply "We'll be coming out with a storage case sometime next year. Sorry, we don't have any further details."

I've been looking at gun cases, fishing rod cases, 4ft level cases, ski cases, pvc pipe and square tube, etc. to brew my own solution for now. If any of you happen to stumble on a good idea or product, I'd be interested to hear...
    Thanks.

wondering about golf bag hard or soft and baseball bat carry alls.

Thanks Bill, Although the golf bag may be a bit large, i'll search the bat carrier idea.
    The parallel guides are about 1.5" wide x .5" thick and are various lengths up to about 45" long. The ideal solution for me would have separate compartments or sleeves to protect up to 6 of these rails.
    Cheers,
    Brad

Check out the Dewalt track saw bag. It has an extra pocket for accessories. It’s fairly long, but you may need to put the long guides in the main pocket.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Schmid View Post
    Check out the Dewalt track saw bag. It has an extra pocket for accessories. It’s fairly long, but you may need to put the long guides in the main pocket.
    What do they use for the hinge routing jigs. Bosch and Porter Cable made them.
    Bill D

For some reason the pc website does not show the case hence the link to a seller with more complete pictures. They remind me of folding plastic picnic tables, suitcase styles. Or maybe the 35mm slide cases
    https://www.amazon.com/PORTER-CABLE-59381-Hinge-Butt-Template/dp/B0000224KV

https://www.amazon.com/Bosch-83038-D...onlineoffic-20
    Last edited by Bill Dufour; 03-31-2021 at 1:30 AM.

The whole system ought to fit in a ridged rifle case.

On the cheap, a bicycle shipping box should be long enough, and easy to cut down to size.

My local bike shop has two skinny guys working their that will eat most anything, in trade.

Update: For those like me who've been looking to protect their TSO Parallel guide system and track saw 55" rails, TSO has finally released their case. A bit on the pricey side, but at least there is a tailored solution now: https://tsoproducts.com/organization...ails-up-to-55/
    Last edited by Brad Schmid; 03-11-2023 at 1:15 PM.