Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Finishing Plywood Walls?

So the catch 22 of waiting is you'll have hung things with take more time to cut around. I personally like semi gloss or gloss white exterior paint. I walled off a corner of the basement for my reloading room and used plywood sheathing. I puttied the holes and primed and painted them gloss white although didn't bother with the floor joists above. Nice and bright. I wish I would have painted my shed when I got it especially the floor as it's OSB. Heck a trip to harbor freight for a cheap paint sprayer and you'll be well on your way to a nice and bright shed.

I did my walls in slatboard which looks good and lets me hang tools anywhere more securely than pegboard. I got a light maple, white was a cheaper option. If yo already have the plywood up I'd paint it white, at least for us old guys more light is always the quest.

Finishing walls

In thinking about this a bit more, I think a good reason to paint/finish the walls is that they will stay cleaner. The surface won’t hold as much fine dust. This falls in the “seems to me” category, so...yes/no?

Used pegboard in my entire shop... Love the ease of hanging stuff...
    BUT did not paint it... now wish I had because would sure appreciate the extra light...
    When built garage for cars, put up plywood ceiling and painted it white... really helps...

Paint it any LIGHT color, you will appreciate it in the future..

Blog Entries
    Unfinished OSB here. The one exception is behind the wood lathe. The white background makes the profile easier to see.