Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Vaccination Arm

At Christmas, I tested positive for Covid.

Last week in March and this past Thursday, I received the moderna shots.

My wife same timeline.

We both got sick after each moderna shot. I left work at 1 yesterday, came home and sat/dozed in the recliner the rest of the day.

This morning my left-non-dominat arm is still very sore as it was almost all day yesterday.

During the first shot, the nurse pinched my arm prior to injecting me. he pinched my arm the entire time during the shot. I thought that was a bit odd.

The shots' reactions were about the same as my covid illness.
    Vortex! What Vortex?

My first shot was at the end of March and I had a sore arm for a day or two. My second shot was on Thursday and have the same sore arm, and felt fatigued the day after. Basically took a nap, didn’t exercise, and did less stuff around the house. Feel fine today with a less-sore arm than yesterday.

I’d do it every day if it meant being vaccinated from this awful disease. Get your vaccine!!!

I've been fully vaccinated for 10 days with no side effects. What a relief and I felt protected.
    In the last 3 days 4 fully vaccinated extended family members I've been around had 24 hr Flu symptoms. Then I got sick with the same symptoms for a day.
    I called my Doctor just to be safe. I told him about my family having 24 hr symptoms and all of us being fully vaccinated. He said "the recommendations are to isolate and get tested if you experience any COVID-19 symptoms even if your fully vaccinated!
    "Whether you think you can, or you think you can’t - you’re right."
    - Henry Ford

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Joiner View Post
    I've been fully vaccinated for 10 days with no side effects. What a relief and I felt protected.
    In the last 3 days 4 fully vaccinated extended family members I've been around had 24 hr Flu symptoms. Then I got sick with the same symptoms for a day.
    I called my Doctor just to be safe. I told him about my family having 24 hr symptoms and all of us being fully vaccinated. He said "the recommendations are to isolate and get tested if you experience any COVID-19 symptoms even if your fully vaccinated!
    I have a friend who is fighting an annoying cold that started some weeks after her 2nd shot. She did just what your Dr said - got tested for covid right away and is staying away from others.

Quote Originally Posted by Erik Loza View Post
    For those who are above age 50, I found the Shingles vaccine (two doses, like Moderna/Pfizer) to be SIGNIFICANTLY worse as far as side effects. Felt like my left side had been hit by a car on both first and second dose.
    Erik
    The Shingrix (2 dose shingles vaccine) knocked me down hard both times. WAY worse than the Pfizer shots for COVID-19 for me. I had a headache and sore arm for a couple of days from that, but really not bad.

John your friend and I are being extra cautious.
    0.007% of the 84 million Americans that are fully vaccinated have tested positive for covid. That's about 6000 people.
    My Doctor says many covid cases have only mild cold symptoms. It's hard to believe fully vaccinated people still need to isolate and be tested if they experience any mild symptoms.

"Whether you think you can, or you think you can’t - you’re right."
    - Henry Ford

Remember it takes 2 weeks after the second shot for you’re body to be able to fully fight the disease.

Quote Originally Posted by Erik Loza View Post
    John, I'm sure you are right. The second Covid dose wasn't fun but Shingrix was a lot worse than we thought (seriously: I couldn't raise my left arm above my head for days). Maybe it was just a matter of expectation? In any event, glad to have both onboard.

Erik
    I had the 2 dose shingles vaccine no unpleasant side effect. Just had 1 of 2 Pfizer Covid, about 3 minutes after getting the injection I experienced some dizziness, it lasted about 90 minutes. I also felt some mental fog for want of a better term. My arm is still a little bit sore at the injection site after 3 days. I wonder if people that have sensitive immune systems - prone to allergies, that sort of thing are more likely to have stronger reactions to the COVID vaccine.

Quote Originally Posted by Wade Lippman View Post
    A bunch of people at a drugstore in North Carolina (or something like that) got saline instead of vaccine. I had no reaction to either and I figure I must have gotten saline. I guess I will know for sure in a year or two.
    I'd be skeptical about that. Unless the people involved consented to be part of a trial and knew the deal, I'd think some personal injury law firm will be buying new houses/boats/airplanes.

Quote Originally Posted by Curt Harms View Post
    I'd be skeptical about that. Unless the people involved consented to be part of a trial and knew the deal, I'd think some personal injury law firm will be buying new houses/boats/airplanes.
    News reports indicated it was at a Walgreens in Monroe, NC. According to this Walgreens contacted the people and all returned to get the correct injection.
    https://www.wdbj7.com/2021/04/19/som...lgreens-in-nc/

Apparently, a quantity of saline solution is normally drawn into a syringe as a diluent before the Pfizer vaccine is added. The first guess is someone forgot to add the vaccine.

JKJ

So the wife & I just had our 2nd Moderna poke exactly 3-1/2 hours ago. Other than the same slight, short-lived rush (apprehension or medical caused, who knows) a few minutes after our 1st shots, zero side effects so far. The wife had a sore arm after the first shot, nothing today. Like nothing happened both times for me...
    ========================================
    ELEVEN - rotary cutter tool machines
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    THREE- make that FOUR now - fiber lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter
    CASmate, Corel, Gravostyle

Quote Originally Posted by Kev Williams View Post
    So the wife & I just had our 2nd Moderna poke exactly 3-1/2 hours ago. Other than the same slight, short-lived rush (apprehension or medical caused, who knows) a few minutes after our 1st shots, zero side effects so far. The wife had a sore arm after the first shot, nothing today. Like nothing happened both times for me...
    Good luck with that.

My reaction to Moderna #2, albeit fairly mild, didn't kick in until about 10-12 hours after the shot and lasted about 18 hours after that. (Nicely timed, given that it hit shortly before bedtime so I slept through a good chunk of it.) The odd bit is that the only reaction to the first shot (arm/shoulder pain) was completely missing on shot #2. But it also felt like the second shot went in an inch or two further up the arm...go figure.
    Yoga class makes me feel like a total stud, mostly because I'm about as flexible as a 2x4.
    "Design"? Possibly. "Intelligent"? Sure doesn't look like it from this angle.
    We used to be hunter gatherers. Now we're shopper borrowers.
    The three most important words in the English language: "Front Towards Enemy".
    The world makes a lot more sense when you remember that Butthead was the smart one.
    You can never be too rich, too thin, or have too much ammo.

I'm still working, and will be 'til about 1:30, it's 11:24pm as I type this, so 13-1/2 hours later, still nothing unusual, thankfully. Chatted with the wife about an hour ago, she didn't mention any issues either...

I'll consider ourselves lucky
    ========================================
    ELEVEN - rotary cutter tool machines
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    THREE- make that FOUR now - fiber lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter
    CASmate, Corel, Gravostyle

As I said in a post earlier, the second Pfizer shot turned me into a sore armed zombie the next day. Not sick, just blah. The second shot didn’t bother my wife at all.
    The Shingrix shingles vaccine didn’t bother either one of us.
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney