Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Vaccination Arm

Wife and I got our first Moderna yesterday, at a grocery store pharmacy. We shopped afterward for a few things. We both noticed a very slight full-body 'thing' going on, but that lasted maybe an hour. I produced not a drop of blood, the wife's arm bled for hours before it stopped, her weird round bandage was soaked. That was it, neither of us had/has a hint of a sore arm. She gets shots yearly, this was my first needle-in-the-arm since the 1976 swine flu, and that wasn't even a needle, they used those air rifles back then. THAT one hurt, and I was sick as a dog for the rest of that day...
    ========================================
    ELEVEN - rotary cutter tool machines
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    THREE- make that FOUR now - fiber lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter
    CASmate, Corel, Gravostyle

Got the 2nd shot this afternoon. So far so good. Moderna

I'm late to the thread but I had both shots with no problems at all. Moderna for me .

Received my second Pfizer this afternoon. Only side effect so far is a headache. That lasted a couple of days with the first dose. Well worth it, IMHO.

Blog Entries
    Lee,
    Why is there a red dot on my screen that take me to a news channel when I click it?

Is that something SMC puts on there or is it a virus on my computer.

My wife and I had the Moderna vaccine and both vaccinations. We had a minor sore arm each time and that was it.
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

I got the 1st Pfizer shot last Saturday. After a couple of hours my arm hurt at the injection site if I lifted my arm above my shoulder, or reached way out with my arm. No other issues.

Quote Originally Posted by lowell holmes View Post
    Lee,
    Why is there a red dot on my screen that take me to a news channel when I click it?

Is that something SMC puts on there or is it a virus on my computer.
    It's the status indicator for the nanochips Microsoft embedded in your COVID shot.
    It'll turn green when the second batch goes active.
    Yoga class makes me feel like a total stud, mostly because I'm about as flexible as a 2x4.
    "Design"? Possibly. "Intelligent"? Sure doesn't look like it from this angle.
    We used to be hunter gatherers. Now we're shopper borrowers.
    The three most important words in the English language: "Front Towards Enemy".
    The world makes a lot more sense when you remember that Butthead was the smart one.
    You can never be too rich, too thin, or have too much ammo.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee DeRaud View Post
    It's the status indicator for the nanochips Microsoft embedded in your COVID shot.
    It'll turn green when the second batch goes active.
    Good one Lee. Gotta run the aliens just came for me.......

My largest side effect was Relief!

Linda & I both had the Pfizer, second dose a month ago for her, three weeks ago for me. Getting a confirmed appointment was an absolute S*** show but the inoculation site was incredibly well managed and efficient (30 minutes from arrival on site to departure including the 15 minute wait after receiving the shot).

She had some pain after the first but the second dose knocked her down with fever & pain for three days.

I have a deep fear of needles and informed everyone of that reality and they handled me with care. I had absolutely no pain from the injection or reaction to either shot.

Can't begin to adequately communicate the piece of mind I now have after receiving both vaccinations but the change in attitude from our Federal Government may have had some effect on my mental state.

Moderna #2 in my dominant (right) arm. I'm a left side sleeper.

Anecdotally, everyone I know that had #2 around my age had nasty side effects for a day or two. I guess we'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by Nathan Johnson View Post
    Moderna #2 in my dominant (right) arm. I'm a left side sleeper.

Anecdotally, everyone I know that had #2 around my age had nasty side effects for a day or two. I guess we'll see.
    After my second Moderna shot, I had a sore arm and a slight malaise (IOW, the same as any other day.) Being retired, maybe I notice it more.

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Dawson View Post
    After my second Moderna shot, I had a sore arm and a slight malaise (IOW, the same as any other day.) Being retired, maybe I notice it more.
    Sitrep:
    I slept 7 hours and it may as well have been 7 minutes. It's like fall asleep standing up level tired right now.
    My neck hurts.
    It feels like someone poured wet cement in my head. I feel very foggy and slow and stupid. (I mean, more than is typical.)
    I'm 39, for whatever it's worth.

All that said, much happier to deal with this for a short while than roll the dice on a covid infection.

Quote Originally Posted by Nathan Johnson View Post
    Sitrep:

All that said, much happier to deal with this for a short while than roll the dice on a covid infection.
    That's my belief. COVID can kill you or give you long lasting negative health effects. The vaccination shot effects are short term. And some people have essentially no effects - I didn't.

Mike
    Go into the world and do well. But more importantly, go into the world and do good.