Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Vaccination Arm

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Stan Calow View Post
    Every vaccinator I know will tell you that arm soreness from any shot comes from having your arm muscles too tense during the injection. I made sure mine was relaxed and I felt no soreness. Didn't feel the needle at all, actually. Its just human nature to tense up when you see it coming.
    I had the same experience. In fact, I wondered if the pharmacist actually gave me an injection - speculated on the good conspiracy theory that I am in a experiment where half the participants don't really get a shot.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephen Tashiro View Post
    I had the same experience. In fact, I wondered if the pharmacist actually gave me an injection - speculated on the good conspiracy theory that I am in a experiment where half the participants don't really get a shot.
    A bunch of people at a drugstore in North Carolina (or something like that) got saline instead of vaccine. I had no reaction to either and I figure I must have gotten saline. I guess I will know for sure in a year or two.

Quote Originally Posted by Wade Lippman View Post
    A bunch of people at a drugstore in North Carolina (or something like that) got saline instead of vaccine. I had no reaction to either and I figure I must have gotten saline. I guess I will know for sure in a year or two.
    I'd be skeptical about that. Unless the people involved consented to be part of a trial and knew the deal, I'd think some personal injury law firm will be buying new houses/boats/airplanes.

Quote Originally Posted by Curt Harms View Post
    I'd be skeptical about that. Unless the people involved consented to be part of a trial and knew the deal, I'd think some personal injury law firm will be buying new houses/boats/airplanes.
    News reports indicated it was at a Walgreens in Monroe, NC. According to this Walgreens contacted the people and all returned to get the correct injection.
    https://www.wdbj7.com/2021/04/19/som...lgreens-in-nc/

Apparently, a quantity of saline solution is normally drawn into a syringe as a diluent before the Pfizer vaccine is added. The first guess is someone forgot to add the vaccine.

JKJ

So the wife & I just had our 2nd Moderna poke exactly 3-1/2 hours ago. Other than the same slight, short-lived rush (apprehension or medical caused, who knows) a few minutes after our 1st shots, zero side effects so far. The wife had a sore arm after the first shot, nothing today. Like nothing happened both times for me...
    ========================================
    ELEVEN - rotary cutter tool machines
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    THREE- make that FOUR now - fiber lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter
    CASmate, Corel, Gravostyle

Quote Originally Posted by Kev Williams View Post
    So the wife & I just had our 2nd Moderna poke exactly 3-1/2 hours ago. Other than the same slight, short-lived rush (apprehension or medical caused, who knows) a few minutes after our 1st shots, zero side effects so far. The wife had a sore arm after the first shot, nothing today. Like nothing happened both times for me...
    Good luck with that.

My reaction to Moderna #2, albeit fairly mild, didn't kick in until about 10-12 hours after the shot and lasted about 18 hours after that. (Nicely timed, given that it hit shortly before bedtime so I slept through a good chunk of it.) The odd bit is that the only reaction to the first shot (arm/shoulder pain) was completely missing on shot #2. But it also felt like the second shot went in an inch or two further up the arm...go figure.
    Yoga class makes me feel like a total stud, mostly because I'm about as flexible as a 2x4.
    "Design"? Possibly. "Intelligent"? Sure doesn't look like it from this angle.
    We used to be hunter gatherers. Now we're shopper borrowers.
    The three most important words in the English language: "Front Towards Enemy".
    The world makes a lot more sense when you remember that Butthead was the smart one.
    You can never be too rich, too thin, or have too much ammo.

I'm still working, and will be 'til about 1:30, it's 11:24pm as I type this, so 13-1/2 hours later, still nothing unusual, thankfully. Chatted with the wife about an hour ago, she didn't mention any issues either...

I'll consider ourselves lucky
    ========================================
    ELEVEN - rotary cutter tool machines
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    THREE- make that FOUR now - fiber lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter
    CASmate, Corel, Gravostyle

Quote Originally Posted by Stan Calow View Post
    Every vaccinator I know will tell you that arm soreness from any shot comes from having your arm muscles too tense during the injection. I made sure mine was relaxed and I felt no soreness. Didn't feel the needle at all, actually. Its just human nature to tense up when you see it coming.
    Both my dr and nurse said tensing may cause more pain during an injection so I have the long habit of relaxing and letting my arm hang loose. Nothing was said about tensed muscle causing soreness after the injection. I'll have to ask about that.

I was told arm soreness from the Covid-19 shot was a normal potential side affect. The CDC says this:
    "In most cases, discomfort from pain or fever is a normal sign that your body is building protection."

In my case I had arm soreness the evening of the first Pfizer shot.

For the second shot I had no arm soreness but a headache the morning following and took two Tyenol as per my doctor. (He said to not use ibuprofin.) No fever. My gastro doctor said he had a fever for two days and took nothing.

JKJ

got the Pfizer shot on 2/2/2021, second shot three weeks later neither one hurt and no side effects apparent, both in right arm
    did end up in the emergency room later on 2/2 and my right arm went completely limp on 2/4/2021. However that was due to a nerve block so my right index finger could be cut open and a tendon repaired. Cut the tendon working in the basement shop 1/28/2021 thought I had the bleeding stopped and full range of motion so no need to get it looked at. Shoveled snow for 2 hours+ on 2/2/2021 and my right index finger went straight, could not bend it. I then went and got first shot and was advised to go to emergency room to get my finger looked at. 2/3/2021 saw the hand doc, 2/4/2021 he repaired the tendon Wore a splint from 2/4/2021 to today. Now need to start using it again and getting it to bend.
    Ron

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Selzer View Post
    ... 2/3/2021 saw the hand doc, 2/4/2021 he repaired the tendon Wore a splint from 2/4/2021 to today. Now need to start using it again and getting it to bend.
    Ron
    Oh my, hope the hand recovers completely, and soon! Hearing of things like this make me thankful once again that we have access to such medical care.

JKJ

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Bender View Post
    Don't get your Covid Vaccination in your toilet paper arm.
    What if that arm isn't your dominant arm? LOL

I agree with Stan's comment: Keep your muscles relaxed when getting the shot and the injection site shouldn't hurt too much. I've only gotten the first shot so far (yesterday, in fact), and it didn't hurt at all until I went to bed and laid on that side. And even then it only hurt a little and I don't even think I rolled off of it right away. It's a tiny bit sore right now.

Various family members have had different reactions to the second shot, but some have gotten Moderna while others got Pfizer. I got the latter, so will be interesting to see what happens with the second shot next month.
    And there was trouble, taking place...

I chose my dominant arm for moderna dose 1 yesterday.
    I woke up at 3:00 am feeling like I had a bone bruise. Not terrible, but noticeable.
    Feels better today.

They told me to keep working the muscle and using the arm as much as possible. The first shot (Pfizer) made me about as sore as a tetanus booster with very minor fatigue the next afternoon. The second dose kept me in bed for about half a day with fever, aches, strong fatigue.

Erik
    Ex-SCM and Felder rep

I received the Pfizer vaccine. 1st dose was just a sore arm for about 24 hours. Second dose was Tuesday. Minimal pain and I felt fine both that day and the following. Now two days out I'm pretty fatigued, but IDK if the vaccine has anything to do with it. I have problems with fatigue much of the time.

Received second Pfizer dose a month ago this past Tuesday. On day following second dose, felt fatigued. Other than that all was well. Being a blood donor (10 gallons + ,) needles don't bother me
    Last edited by Bruce Wrenn; 03-25-2021 at 9:12 PM.