Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Vaccination Arm

Vaccination Arm

Don't get your Covid Vaccination in your toilet paper arm.

I still had enough range-of-motion to handle the one "left-handed" bathroom in my house (the only one downstairs). But yeah, went with non-dominant arm, forgetting that I mostly sleep on that side, so it woke me up every time I rolled onto it.

Thought about doing right arm on the second dose, until it dawned on me that the reason I sleep left-side-down is probably because the right side has the marginal rotator cuff.
    Yoga class makes me feel like a total stud, mostly because I'm about as flexible as a 2x4.
    "Design"? Possibly. "Intelligent"? Sure doesn't look like it from this angle.
    We used to be hunter gatherers. Now we're shopper borrowers.
    The three most important words in the English language: "Front Towards Enemy".
    The world makes a lot more sense when you remember that Butthead was the smart one.
    You can never be too rich, too thin, or have too much ammo.

I didn't have much pain at the injection site. Not enough to wake me up if I slept on that arm. Same for both shots - didn't react much to either shot.

However, I have a friend who had a strong reaction to the second shot.

Mike

[Added: Moderna vaccine]
    Last edited by Mike Henderson; 03-25-2021 at 3:05 PM.
    Go into the world and do well. But more importantly, go into the world and do good.

Every vaccinator I know will tell you that arm soreness from any shot comes from having your arm muscles too tense during the injection. I made sure mine was relaxed and I felt no soreness. Didn't feel the needle at all, actually. Its just human nature to tense up when you see it coming.

We got the J and J for several reasons, it’s hard to find an appointment here for anything, it’s 100 percent effective at keeping you out of the hospital and I’m coming off immunotherapy so we were worried about the Pfizer one especially. My wife had no side effects much but a very sore arm and I had zero arm problems but very tired and achy for 12 days out of 14. I’m out cutting up the bottom 13ft of a tree today.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Bender View Post
    Don't get your Covid Vaccination in your toilet paper arm.
    What if that arm isn't your dominant arm? LOL

I agree with Stan's comment: Keep your muscles relaxed when getting the shot and the injection site shouldn't hurt too much. I've only gotten the first shot so far (yesterday, in fact), and it didn't hurt at all until I went to bed and laid on that side. And even then it only hurt a little and I don't even think I rolled off of it right away. It's a tiny bit sore right now.

Various family members have had different reactions to the second shot, but some have gotten Moderna while others got Pfizer. I got the latter, so will be interesting to see what happens with the second shot next month.
    And there was trouble, taking place...

I chose my dominant arm for moderna dose 1 yesterday.
    I woke up at 3:00 am feeling like I had a bone bruise. Not terrible, but noticeable.
    Feels better today.

They told me to keep working the muscle and using the arm as much as possible. The first shot (Pfizer) made me about as sore as a tetanus booster with very minor fatigue the next afternoon. The second dose kept me in bed for about half a day with fever, aches, strong fatigue.

Erik
    Ex-SCM and Felder rep

I got the 2nd Pfizer last Thursday (3/19) and had mild symptoms, not enough to affect toilet paper usage. The following Monday (3 days) we were feeling pretty good about being able to get out again. We went for supper at a restaurant within walking distance and sat on the patio enjoying the return to normal life. Monday I had a scratchy throat, Tuesday felt worse with aches all over and a cough, Wednesday ran a pretty high fever, (peaked at 102 with Advil) and had congestion and a cough. Today I am on the mend. I don’t know if I had a delayed reaction to the vaccination, spring allergies morphing into upper respiratory infection, or actual COVID. Whatever it was, I got to watch a lot of women’s basketball.

Tom B and all others might want to consider putting the TP on the floor in front of your good arm. And, don’t test your luck getting out too soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Stan Calow View Post
    Every vaccinator I know will tell you that arm soreness from any shot comes from having your arm muscles too tense during the injection. I made sure mine was relaxed and I felt no soreness. Didn't feel the needle at all, actually. Its just human nature to tense up when you see it coming.
    I was going to post exactly the same thing. It was about like a mosquito bite, to me, without the itching. My Wife, my 104 year old Mother, and I had absolutely no side effects from the Moderna vaccines.

I've had years of weekly allergy shots at various stages of my life, so I don't tense up at needles. In any case, this wasn't muscle pain, it was joint pain in the shoulder, several inches up from the injection site.

Oddly enough, that shoulder was pretty much the only thing that didn't hurt after the second shot: that one beat me up good most of the next day. My theory is that the second shot reacts with antibodies from the first shot.

(Moderna, if anyone is keeping track.)
    Last edited by Lee DeRaud; 03-25-2021 at 1:10 PM.
    Yoga class makes me feel like a total stud, mostly because I'm about as flexible as a 2x4.
    "Design"? Possibly. "Intelligent"? Sure doesn't look like it from this angle.
    We used to be hunter gatherers. Now we're shopper borrowers.
    The three most important words in the English language: "Front Towards Enemy".
    The world makes a lot more sense when you remember that Butthead was the smart one.
    You can never be too rich, too thin, or have too much ammo.

Medical Doctor explaining why the second dose is an a**-kicker:

My wife had a very similar response to mine but hers was Moderna.

Erik
    Ex-SCM and Felder rep

I had the same experience. In fact, I wondered if the pharmacist actually gave me an injection - speculated on the good conspiracy theory that I am in a experiment where half the participants don't really get a shot.

I received the Pfizer vaccine. 1st dose was just a sore arm for about 24 hours. Second dose was Tuesday. Minimal pain and I felt fine both that day and the following. Now two days out I'm pretty fatigued, but IDK if the vaccine has anything to do with it. I have problems with fatigue much of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Wilson View Post
    I got the 2nd Pfizer last Thursday (3/19) and had mild symptoms, not enough to affect toilet paper usage. The following Monday (3 days) we were feeling pretty good about being able to get out again. We went for supper at a restaurant within walking distance and sat on the patio enjoying the return to normal life. Monday I had a scratchy throat, Tuesday felt worse with aches all over and a cough, Wednesday ran a pretty high fever, (peaked at 102 with Advil) and had congestion and a cough. Today I am on the mend. I don’t know if I had a delayed reaction to the vaccination, spring allergies morphing into upper respiratory infection, or actual COVID. Whatever it was, I got to watch a lot of women’s basketball.

Tom B and all others might want to consider putting the TP on the floor in front of your good arm. And, don’t test your luck getting out too soon.
    3 to 8 days after vaccine to develop symptoms is not uncommon.