While I agree that all the things on the list are great to know how to do, I must say that a lot of the stuff will never be needed in college or even if they get out and live in an apartment. I learned some stuff from my dad and uncles when I was a kid. As an adult I had to figure a lot more stuff out on my own. Mostly because I am cheap. The good thing about the current times is there is a video for how to do about anything on the internet. I have also learned from step daughter, son in law, and wife is that if you don't have a desire to learn XYZ then any amount of information will not motivate them to do it. Something that is obscure/difficult and takes many hours to achieve/obtain will happen long before something quick and easy depending on the interest level. I always ask if they want to know how to fix the issue and they say no just make it work. I'm not sure if after I am gone if they will be able to function. My sister just bought a house and she never learned anything as a kid. My brother and I always get calls with questions but she wants to learn now.